Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've received my gift. Mine is in the mail.

Comment

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Mike, I'd like to see a picture.

Got these from JoshinMo. Thanks Josh.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Ron Kelley; 12-16-2016, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• BabaORiley
      BabaORiley commented
      Editing a comment
      That center lithic is neat...

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are sweet. I sure wish that the picture would enlarge though.

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Bruce, Simply click on the thumbnail and you will see it full sized.

I received a gift from Secret Santa on Tuesday, this week. I was determined to wait til Christmas Eve to open it but I just couldn't wait any longer. My wife said I was worse than the kids. I don't care - I just couldn't stand to have it right there in front of me but no able to see what was inside. Hey - I'm an adult - I can make decisions, can't I?? Anyway It was A SUPER GIFT FROM A SUPER GUY...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Santa3.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	234751Click image for larger version

Name:	Santa4.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	234752

Thanks BabaO'Riley. That's some awesome beading and the points will make an excellent addition to my collection. Thanks soooo much. ...Chuck
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Beautiful artwork and nice artifacts. Merry Christmas Chuck. Frank you are a generous soul.

Just to clear things up. I did not make that pouch. I acquired it a while back and decided to pass it on. That is well beyond my talent. I could never hold those beads in these fat fingers. Merry Christmas Chuck...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      I am all thumbs when it gets down to the nitty gritty stuff like that too.

Thanks again Frank. I've added the points to my next display and my Granddaughter Lilly is eyeing the beaded pouch for the Dovetail that she found awhile back. I really appreciate it. Merry Christmas to you and your's and you should be getting a visit from the little fat red suited man on Monday. ...Chuck
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

So I go to The Mailbox and lid is pushed out a little (hmm, i thought i shut it) and I think maybe it showed up. Open mailbox and yank on box, it's kind of stuck, ha. Get it out and it's from Coach/"Mike", and I go to my room and do a couple things to be ready to open Gift box. I think I opened it upside down, either way better out than in. There is a baggie with a "Madison",what may be a turkeytail heartbreaker and a cool tip that i might have mentioned in one of His topics recently. Then I pull out something wrapped in P/T and a note mentioning the county and purchased. Open it up and this gorgeous little corner notched point (just couple flea bites) rolls out! It looks kind of early to me, deep notched. Also in there is a leaf (maybe adena) blade. So there are 2 more "bundles" left I haven't checked yet but wanted to get this posted right away but it will be a while before I can get the photos up.

Thank You very much and am truly Sorry I can't get pics up right now but will as soon as I can. Gonna have to check the rest now. Really, Thank You!
      Last edited by JoshinMO; 12-17-2016, 02:23 PM.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        The anticipation of waiting to see those pics Josh is almost as bad as having to wait for Christmas when you were a kid.
        Last edited by 2ndoldman; 12-17-2016, 07:23 PM.

• JoshinMO
        JoshinMO commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear You Bruce, into some personal finds now, Ha. The smell of Scotch tape brings back memories.

My wife and I arrive back home this morning and I'm told..theres a box for you from Tennessee...hmm....I start to open it and can smell wood stain...I unwrap the contents and there is a beautiful handmade frame of these cool points. Especially cool because of the different lithic than what I normally find which is about 90% Burlington Chert. My Secret Santa was Chuck aka Scorpion68. That is one of the nicest things I have ever received. Thank you much Chuck and if I am ever on your mountain you can bet that I'll be wrapping at your door... Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0802.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	235060Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0801.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	227.6 KB
ID:	235061

Comment

• Ron Kelley
        Ron Kelley commented
        Editing a comment
        Very nice display Frank. Hey Chuck you are a very generous collector and nice job on the display.

• Scorpion68
        Scorpion68 commented
        Editing a comment
        Baba - You're welcome anytime.

• CoachG
        CoachG commented
        Editing a comment
        Great Secret Santa you gave Chuck. Very generous.

I have a package today from Paul. Should I open it? I'm one of those that always waits till Christmas! Not sure if I can though. 🤔
      South Dakota

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        Open the damn package already Gary. You are not the only kid with his face glued to the Christmas display window waiting for them to draw the curtain.

• Scorpion68
        Scorpion68 commented
        Editing a comment
        Come on man - you know we "wanna know" - we shared ours now it's your turn.

Cmon SD...everyone else is doing it...cmon...just try it...all the cool people are...

Comment

Okay okay, I see the peer pressure in this group is very high. I'll open it and share probably tomorrow. I'm going to be out this evening. Gee wiz. I hope people in here don't start jumping off bridges too. 😊
        South Dakota

Comment

• BabaORiley
          BabaORiley commented
          Editing a comment
          Like George Bailey in "Its a Wonderful Life"...?

Ok Here's mine! Got this early last week but really just now got time to share it here. Ron Kelley really must be Santa because this is just what I wanted lol! Check out this awesome knife and sheath! The craftsmanship on both items is really just top notch! Thanks so much Ron! Click image for larger version  Name:	20161219_194409-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	64.2 KB ID:	235105
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20161219_194151-1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	49.1 KB ID:	235104
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Kyflintguy; 12-19-2016, 08:08 PM.
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• 2ndoldman
          2ndoldman commented
          Editing a comment
          I have one of Ron's knifes also and you are right Josh , Santa is a great description.

Hey Josh, That pair is my favorite thing to make. I changed the style of the sheath a little for this latest one. The neck loop is a three strand braid of bison hide tied off with deer sinew. The blade is KY hornstone. And the haft is pine pitch glue and deer sinew. I'm glad you like it.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Secret Santa Knife & Sheath.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	595.6 KB
ID:	235112
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Kyflintguy
          Kyflintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Ron your pic is much better lighting. You did an awesome job man! The Hornstone blade is befitting of this Ky boy.... And I think neck knives are awesome, actually my trusty deer hunting knife is a neck knife...

• Ron Kelley
          Ron Kelley commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Josh, I think it's cool that you use a neck knife and I think that sheath would probably work with a steel blade knife too. I really wanted to share some of that KY hornstone with you. When the weather warms in the spring I'll send you some of that stone. The 85 pound core that I posted is that same high grade KY hornstone.

Wow Ron. What a piece of work that is...totally awesome workmanship...as I posted once earlier once "somewhere in the NA spirit world there is an ancient knapper pointing at that knife as he taps another on the shoulder nodding in approval"...what kind of wood is that handle...Yooper spruce maybe?

Comment

• Ron Kelley
          Ron Kelley commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Frank, I made the handle from some rosewood that a friend gave me.

I got my gift yesterday from Gary ( SDHunter ) ! My camera battery is dead. I'll post photos later. I was wondering how he knew I only take a shower once a week! It was a box of bar soap!! But I opened the box, and the label was a disguise. There were pottery shards, some really cool KRF scrapers and flake tools, and an exceptional polished celt!! Everything will look great in their own frame!! Thank You Gary, I was very pleasantly surprised! If you decided to open yours, I hope you like what I sent! Thx, Paul
        http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

Here we go! A nice group pf decorated pottery rim shards, some very nice, I would hope Paleo?, KRF end scrapers and flake tools, and a WONDERFUL! pecked and polished celt, with a Grade 10 polished, sharp bit! What a nice surprise! Thank you much Gary, Paul Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06300.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	235144Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06301.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	235145Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06302.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	235146
          http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

• Ron Kelley
            Ron Kelley commented
            Editing a comment
            That KRF is a beautiful lithic. WOW That celt is a real beauty.
        Working...
        X