X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Chuck
    east Tx.

Comment

Congrats Chuck! It's nice to have You as a new member here.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Awesome Chuck glad to chat with you and thank you for your service !

Comment

Hi Chuck, I, too, add my congratulations for a well deserved selection. I eagerly look forward to the posting of your finds on that special mountain of yours.. I, too, recognize the growth you have made in point ID and how your comments add so much to the discussion on our forum. My biggest puzzle now is: How did you ever decide to settle in B-town, TN? I ask that because I spent much of my formative years in a town just 40 or so miles south of you and I use to be quite familiar with that area.

Comment

Actually Joe my wife and I relocated to Byrdstown Tn from Florida in 2005. I was in Tn on a construction project and the wife and I were looking in the real-estate catalogues for this area and found this pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Home2.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	211973

It came with a 5 acre parcel of land and was within our price range so we made the move. We had been missing 4 seasons while living in Florida for 14 years and we were being crowded out on all sides, property taxes had tripled and we were just plain tired of the heat and humidity, plus Florida had lost the friendly element because of the large influx of people from up north. This area reminded us of what community was all about and what friendly neighbors we'd been missing. We wasted no time in moving. Some people would say we lucked out but I really believe the Good Lord was helping us find our niche in life. I thank Him daily. Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it........Chuck
            Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Kyflintguy
              Kyflintguy commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like you have your own small parcel of heaven there Chuck! Beautiful! Reminds me of home, thanks for sharing!

• CoachG
              CoachG commented
              Editing a comment
              I'd say you made a wise choice Chuck.

• sailorjoe
              sailorjoe commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a good story. So often it seems that what first starts out as just another day on the job can turn out to be life changing. Thank you for solving my puzzle. It is a nice looking place you have there and it looks like my old home area for sure.

Congratulations on becoming an honored member here, you honor us with being a part of our group.
            Thank you for your service to our country.

Jessy B. (Bone2stone)
            It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
            It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
            Circa:1982

Comment

Congrats Chuck. I love your story. I bet you have seen so much in your life at many locations. You have a beautiful home and lots of great finds. Keep it up. We all enjoy your posts.
              Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Working...
              X