MOTM for July 2016 SDHunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for July 2016 SDHunter

Well there is no sense beating around the bush. I have nominated myself to be our MOTM for July. Acutally, some of the kind members here asked if I would accept. I do appreciate the request. Thank you.

My name is Gary, known as SDhunter here. The SD stands for South Dakota, which is where I was born and raised in 1964. I was raised on a family farm, now being operated by my brother. Due to my love of animals, I became a mixed animal veterinarian, and moved back to my home town where I reside to this day. All my life, I heard about all the arrowheads people used to find in the 30's. It was so dry, that our sandy soil would blow, creating "blowouts". The arrowheads would settle down to the hard pan, and people would simply have to pick them up. I searched for years with no luck. One day my mom prayed that I would find an arrowhead, since she knew how hard I looked. Within a couple of weeks, I found the field that many of the artifacts I have shown on here have come from. True story. You guys know the rest. Now I have several spots that have been producers. I knew nothing about this hobby until I got onto this site, and after being here for several years, I have realized I'm still barely learning it. The members here are unbelievable. I appreciate all the dedicated people here that make this site what it is, and thanks again for nominating me.

Here are a couple of pictures of myself standing on the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	phpyy1UehPM.jpg Views:	1 Size:	225.4 KB ID:	215436
    Click image for larger version  Name:	php8iC721PM.jpg Views:	1 Size:	160.2 KB ID:	215437
    Last edited by Hoss; 12-30-2016, 12:32 PM.
    South Dakota

Thanks Gary
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Congrat's Gary and Thank's for sharing and doing all You do.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Hey Gary, Congrats and we are happy that you accepted the MOTM honor. We had to twist Gary's arm a little before he would accept the honor. I always enjoy reading your posts and especially like seeing that Knife River Flint from the Dakotas.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Thanks Gary, we all do appreciate you being here and what you do for us and the site.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I'm sorry I didn't see Chase's post yesterday. I didn't even look in that topic when online. I feel special with two posts! 😄
            South Dakota

Comment

Awesome Gary! very well deserved.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Super Gary - Congrats. I've followed many of your postings. Thanks for all your contributions and looking forward to future posts. ...Chuck
                Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

​

Congrats

Bone2stone.
                  It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                  It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                  Circa:1982

Comment

Congratulations Gary! Well deserved honor! Thanks for all you do here on this site!
                    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Thank you for the time you contribute to our site Gary. Congrats
                      east Tx.

Comment

Love seeing your finds Gary. Congrats on the MOTM. Best of luck out there in SD.
                        Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Congrats Gary.And thank you for not making the arm twisting drag on too long.
                          Bruce
                          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Gary, congrats on the well deserved nomination and for all your hard work on and dedication to the site! I enjoyed your story of the power of prayer and pics of the holy land where Christ served us most...
                            In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. -John Muir

Comment

Originally posted by Sharp Rocks View Post
                              Gary, congrats on the well deserved nomination and for all your hard work on and dedication to the site! I enjoyed your story of the power of prayer and pics of the holy land where Christ served us most...
                              Thank you
                              South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                              X