MOTM for Aug 2016 Baba O'Riley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for Aug 2016 Baba O'Riley

It is always exciting when we get to introduce our newest member of the month. Frank has been a very nice addition to this site, and I think I speak for all when I say I enjoy reading your posts, and looking at your artifacts. Please Welcome Frank, better known as BabaORiely as August 2016 MOTM!

Thank you so much for the honor of being selected for member of the month. It was truly a surprise to me.

My name is Frank Sieracki, aka Baba O'Riley. That name comes from one of my favorite bands The Who.I am 47 years old and have been married 17 years to a saint of a woman. Her name is Penny. My lucky Penny you could say. I have two daughters, Kiley 17, and Kenzie, 14. The greatest treasures ever. They are beautiful girls like their Mother.

I had a love for Native Americans and their culture since I was a little boy. Playing "cowboys and Indians" as a kid I always wanted to be the Indian. When I was 3 years old my parents bought a wonderful house on a river on a wooded lot full of towering oaks. The river was literally 25 ft from the back door. The town was a small rural farming community then and for years to come. I was always drawn to the outdoors and the river and surrounding woods and I became intimate friends. I went from a little boy to a grown man at that house duck hunting downriver and deer hunting upriver, fishing and just wandering.

Around the age of 17 I went to work for a farmer that had about 600 acres on the river near my house. He used to tell me about all the arrowheads that were found in his fields back in the day. I became very interested but could not find one for the life of me. Then it happened one day. The point in my avatar is my first find but that was after 2 years of looking. Here I am today with hundreds of finds from over the years. This is the greatest hobby...every search/hunt is still exciting!!! There is nothing like looking at an area and thinking...I'll bet there are some finds there...and then finding some!!!

Here is me. Although the walleye is not a trophy it was a special catch for the moment. Around my neck is a Rosary made from an old t-shirt that belonged to a dear departed fishing buddy/best friend of mine. His mother made it and sent it to me. He fought muscular dystrophy until 27 and passed on to the big river in the sky. I told her that I would wear it every time I took to the water. That pic is the first time I wore it and the first cast brought that keeper 18" walleye. Peace and love my friends and don't sweat it. Life is too short.

PS Frank will put his pic up. Thanks
    Last edited by Hoss; 12-30-2016, 12:30 PM.
    South Dakota

Congratulations Frank, Glad that You are here.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Congrats Frank. Always enjoy your comments and posts. Great song btw and reading your journey to artifacting was great. Best of luck
      Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Hi Frank, Congratulations on your selection as MOTM. It is a good choice by the powers that be. I enjoy your posts and what you bring to our forum. The enthusiasm that you have for the artifact collecting hobby is evident and it comes through in all your posts and comments. Your biography is interesting and sounds like you have a nice family. I share with you the love of the outdoors and the pursuit of fish and game. I hope you will be able to pursue those interests for many years to come. BTW, I think I will try to address you as Frank in the future. I like that name better than Baba.LOL

Comment

Congratulations and well deserved honor! Gotta love The Who! I always get in trouble with the mistress when one of there songs come on because something about there tunes begs for them to be heard at a very high volume lol. Thanks for all you bring to the forum!
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Hey Frank, Congrats on your Member Of The Month honor. I always enjoy reading your posts.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• BabaORiley
              BabaORiley commented
              Editing a comment
              Ron. That pic of me with the walleye is on the Peavy Pond in Crystal Falls on opening day back in May.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0560.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	220491
            The chase is better than the catch...
            I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• 2ndoldman
              2ndoldman commented
              Editing a comment
              What a great way to remember your friend Frank. Thanks for sharing this special moment with us.
              And congrats on the member of the month.

Congrats Frank, Good to see you honored here.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

My heartiest congratulations Baba aka Frank. I've always enjoyed your posts and comments and I particularly like your intro. I think we all have the great outdoors in common in addition to the passion of hunting arrowheads. You bring a lot to the forums. So - again congrats and keep posting. ...Chuck
              Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Hi Frank: I'm glad to see your photo which came on after my first post. Your story of the rosary and the walleye you caught the first time you wore it is very touching. And it has special meaning to me because the first close friend that I had passed away much too early also at age 27 of cancer. We had started the first grade together and were friends until he died. That was 49 years ago and I still miss him. Yes, life is often too short.

Comment

Frank,congrats on MOM
                  they say behind every successful man is a strong woman.sounds like you have three of them.
                  i often wondered if your screen name came from the WHO

love reading your post,keep them coming

Comment

Congratulations Frank and thanks for sharing your awesome story with us.
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Congrats Frank! Your love of family, friends, artifacts and fishing is great. Glad to have you on here.

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Congrats! well deserved. Thank you for all you do!
                          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Working...
                          X