MOTM for Feb 2017 Havenhunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for Feb 2017 Havenhunter

Once again, it's time to honor our newest MOTM. February is a fun month, and the perfect month for this wonderful member to be honored. She has provided many interesting posts and has contributed appreciatively. Please welcome Deb, better known as Havenhunter, as our MOTM for Feb, 2017. Thank you Deb!

Here you go, Greg: My name is Deb Weissler & February is my birth month, so being honored with MOTM is the perfect gift! Suffice it to say, I'm "over the hill". I grew up in CA as an Army brat, moved to VA when Dad came to the Pentagon, majored in journalism in college and later married a terrific Texan. We live on a small farm in Gloucester VA, a stone's throw from the Chesapeake Bay. We have 3 children, 4 grandkids, & a Standard poodle named Guinness. My interest in Native Americans began at a young age when Mom threatened to give me back to the Indians when I misbehaved. One day at her bridge party I announced I was part Comanche. You could have heard a pin drop as 15 pairs of eyes stared at my mom! After spending 34 years behind a desk as a corporate reliability analyst, I took early retirement in Sept. 2001, 2 weeks after 9/11. It was time to regroup. I became a freelance writer, journalist, and most recently an author. I often write in my head while walking the beach & in Mar 2013 I found my first point. I stared at it in disbelief as questions filled my head: where did it come from? Who made it? What's it called? How was it made? I turned to this forum and the folks here have been one of the greatest enjoyments in my life. I've learned so much and realize what I know about lithics could fill a thimble. It's an honor to know each and every one of you. I enjoy sharing the points and fossils I find on the beaches of the Bay and its tributaries and on NC's Outer Banks, and enjoy seeing what y'all find. Thanks for the memories!
    South Dakota

First and foremost Deb, it is a pleasure to have you as a part of this forum.
    Secondly you can't possibly drop that birthday bomb and get away scott free.
    Seeing as you are a granny this is how the younger generation expect you to feel. Click image for larger version  Name:	143848b641d95505fe664990a9cf88dc.jpg Views:	1 Size:	41.5 KB ID:	239637

Getting old does have it's challenges Deb. Click image for larger version  Name:	old-lady-birthday-graphics-pictures-images-for-myspace-layouts-vuNjzi-clipart.jpg Views:	1 Size:	85.6 KB ID:	239638

I think that if the truth were to be told though.
    This is more your style
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_24589.jpg Views:	1 Size:	12.1 KB ID:	239639
    Click image for larger version  Name:	index.jpg Views:	1 Size:	39.9 KB ID:	239640

Last edited by 2ndoldman; 02-01-2017, 03:20 AM.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Havenhunter
      Havenhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Bruce! My husband and I often say that nowadays, between the two of us, we make one good person. And now that the dog is getting older, we feel like we're living in an old folk's home!

Congratulations always enjoy your finds. Good luck in future hunts!
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Congrats Deb! We are also glad you joined us here. Always enjoy seeing your finds.
      Oh, Happy Birthday!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Havenhunter
        Havenhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. I'm stopping with this one. I've decided I'm old enough. 😕

Congratulations to you, Deb, on your selection as the MOTM. Your presence is a positive force in our little community.

Comment

Congratulations Deb! This is a well deserved honor, I always enjoy your finds and post you share. Glad you are here with us!
        OH and Happy B-day month
        Last edited by Kyflintguy; 02-01-2017, 07:30 PM.
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Congratulations. Well deserved.

Comment

Congratulations Deb. Well deserved .
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Congrat's Deb!
              http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Hey Deb, Have a Happy Birthday and many more. Congrats MOTM. Deb did you know Samuel Clemens?
                Michigan Yooper
                If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Havenhunter
                  Havenhunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  As in Mark Twain? Geez Ron, I'm not that old! 😡

• Ron Kelley
                  Ron Kelley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ya Deb, That Samuel Clemens. Sometimes I just can't help myself. :-) I won't be old for another four months: That's when I turn 70.

• Havenhunter
                  Havenhunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Actually I have 8 more days to go before crossing over into the ranks of the "elderly". 😢 But my dad always said getting old beats the alternative.

Last edited by Havenhunter; 02-02-2017, 03:02 PM.
                Child of the tides

Comment

Congrats Deb from a WEST Virginian. You don't now how many times I get asked how close I live to Richmond haha. Always enjoy seeing your beach finds!
                  Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

• Havenhunter
                    Havenhunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Frankly, with the interstate traffic jams in Tidewater, you may be able to drive to Richmond faster than I can at times. In summer with beach traffic headed to VA Beach & the Outer Banks, I just stay home.

Congratulations, a well deserved honor, you always have some interesting post.
                  South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Congratulations, Thank you for being apart of this forum.
                    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• Havenhunter
                      Havenhunter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks, Chase! I'll always remember you and Matt were the first members to welcome me aboard. 😘

Congrats Deb. I've watched your posts for awhile now and always find them interesting. It's already been said but I'll say it again - we're really glad you joined our community and your MOTM is well deserved. By the way Ya'll - I'm 70 and I have the mind set that the view of the world is much better from up here. ...Chuck
                    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Working...
                    X