I'M kind of weak wen it comes to my dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'M kind of weak wen it comes to my dog

He's about 14 1/2 years old and i had to help him up to do his buisness outside. I guess today is the day but i feel like i have to break something first.
    Looking for sympathy i guess. This is going to be really hard for me to do.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Sorry Josh. Never an easy day.

Comment

Well you have mine, hope your sorrows are eased soon.

Comment

Jude was born January 10 of 2002. Lab shepherd mix. He seems healthy still, it's his hips and back legs which wore out. Both lab's and shepherds have hip dysplasia problems. I told myself a few months back i wouldn't get him euthanized unless he wasn't happy and it's a given he will be if he can't get up and walk. There are steps to go in the yard which i carried him up a few weeks while back after he had an "episode" and that helped him then. The bright side is great life though.

Above is 2007 but my fav pic of him is from just a few months back.

Just posting because i don't know what else to do at the moment.

Comment

[YT]dP6pvUqTAtk[/YT]They become family. I guess only pet owners can understand this. Josh know that when pets leave us they wait near the rainbow bridge for us.
          Last edited by Hoss; 06-24-2016, 09:11 AM.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

My thoughts are with you. Remember all the good times.

Comment

Josh. I lost my last 2 labs to canine cancer. I am choking up as I type this. The hardest decision is the best decision and the best decision is the hardest...we will see our dogs again...all my thoughts friend...
              The chase is better than the catch...
              I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• JoshinMO
                JoshinMO commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry to hear, i can imagine. Thank You.

Hang in there Josh, my dog Honey who was a feist mix lived to be 16 human years old, she was as much apart of my family as any other member. She went downhill in her later years and I prepared myself as best I could for her passing. It still hurt but I found comfort in the fact she has to suffer no more. Now she's just a happy memory of our time together.
              Last edited by Kyflintguy; 06-24-2016, 11:30 AM.
              Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Josh, i am so sorry to hear this.
                i know what its like to have to put down a long time fur friend and its never easy

some years back we had to put down our beloved cat,Colt(a black bombay) he was a friend and family member for 17 years
                he had kidney issues and was losing weight big time. the vet did all he could do for him and told us the time had come.
                worse day of my life,i cried like a little girl with skun knee.
                i really hated having to do it,dont know if i could have if it wasnt for my wife.
                to this day i still tear up when i see pics of him or even think of him(tearing up as i type this)

i know it was for the best because prolong his life wouldnt have been a good life for him.

after a few years with out a cat in the house,we decided it was time to for another.
                no single cat could/can ever replace him in my heart. we got three cats now
                but even with them,he is still the greatest friend i have ever known(other than my wife)

it is hard to do,but you have to do whats best for your beloved friend.

Comment

It went as "good" as it could have with the vet coming to the car but realizing he would need a sedative first. I sat in the backseat with him on my lap. He was somewhat still "awake" when the vet came back and i told Jude that he had a mean bug (tick) which is how i would get him to understand when pulling them off and a few seconds later it was done. I appreciate You Guy's help in dealing with this. He was a very cool dog and I will definitely miss him.

Tim, I know what you mean about replacing. They have a personality plus all the experiences their owners and them shared. They can look the same, sound the same but that doesn't matter. I remember hearing about that cat.

Jude was afraid of fireworks and thunderstorms and always wanted to be on my lap when that happened. Man, sucks.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	102_1138.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	214679

Thank's again

Comment

• sneakygroundbuzzard
                    sneakygroundbuzzard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Josh, this brought tears to my eyes.

all though i am a hunter and have no problems with doing what needs to be done to put food in my freezer.

i am first and fore most an animal lover. my heart grows heavy every time i hear of some one having to put their friends pain to rest.
                    my heart goes out to you.

but i know,and i am sure you know also,it was for the best.
                    one day we will all be reunited with our beloved furry friends from the past.

Rest in Peace Jude.

So sorry Josh, We had a cat around here for twenty one years. Very cool, part of the family but I always thought I remained rather detached from him. I was the one that had to take him to the vet. Cried like a baby! They are family.
                  Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Wow Josh. Chief and Geronimo were also afraid of those noises. The gun never ever bothered them and we sat thru many thunderstorms in the duck blind and it never phased em, but if we were at the house same thing, they wanted in your shirt pocket...
                    The chase is better than the catch...
                    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Hey Josh, Even though I have never met you face to face, I have known for a long time that Jude was close to your heart. That special picture that you used for an avatar tells the tale. You have lots of good memories and I hope you can dwell there.
                      Michigan Yooper
                      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Today is a real downer but plan on fixing up his grave i buried him in yesterday. It's been a drought lately and he was a big dog so that took it out of me.

But I'm glad i shared my experiences of jude with people. To share his last day and death (which i decided and was still going over after sedative) with the site gives me some sort of satisfaction as weird as it sounds but maybe it's because i am proud of him or maybe some other reason.

I don't know about the afterlife but that would be awesome!

Comment

Putting my dog down was one of the hardest thing i have ever had to do. Still makes me sad. Here is poem I wrote at the time:

Laid to Rest

Today I laid my dog to rest
                          She was old and terminal
                          Arranged for a warm and sunny day in December
                          Waited for the ground to thaw
                          Made it easier to dig her grave
                          That was like her you know

Next to her grave I stacked stones
                          Brought `em home from the bottom of the creek
                          Dropped them around the yard
                          To let her friends know where she’d been

I see her standing in the fields of gold
                          Nose to the wind- maybe a deer or fox
                          Would bark and give chase
                          At the hawks that soared above

Left her behind on the dock one time
                          Swan out into the middle of the bay to find me
                          Taught me some things I needed to learn
                          About love and loyalty and friendship

Buried her overlooking the ponds and fields she ran
                          Everyone who met her said she was an old soul
                          Remembered everyone she met
                          Never gave me a bad day her whole life

Today I laid my dog to rest.

Comment

• JoshinMO
                            JoshinMO commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That's very nice, Thank You for sharing it with us.
                        Working...
                        X