No announcement yet.

We could use some prayers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seven fatalities now and 700 structures lost or damaged. Some of neighboring Pigeon Forge was affected too.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Not to minimize the human losses but I also think about the wildlife affected. This time of year the black bears are eating nuts & berries to fatten up for hibernation. I wonder how many were unable to outrun the fire and how the survivors will get enough to eat.
      Child of the tides

Comment

Ten fatalities now. Some of the workers have encountered bears while working. They are just backing away because there is no telling how these surviving bears are going to act. If hurt they may become aggressive. There are Nuisance wildlife control people working overtime trying to take care of the small critter problem this has caused. Many burrowing animals got burned out and have to find new digs. Raccoons and skunks will be looking for new homes too. There was a guy on TV who said he has gotten so many calls already about the smaller animals trying to get into people garages and porches for shelter. In mu opinion animals know when something is wrong even before humans do. They will move out of harms way. Sure some probably have got caught and hurt or even burned up but I would be willing to bet most survived this.
        Last edited by Hoss; 12-02-2016, 12:34 AM.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thanks, Hoss. Makes me feel a bit better.
          Child of the tides

Comment

So sad but many are going back to work and they will rebuild better than before! Mountain Strong!

Comment

I see they've charged two youths with negligent arson having deliberately set that fire.
              Child of the tides

Comment

Working...
              X