Interline Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interline Points

I am looking for any information on Interline Points that might be out there. I think I am spelling it correctly. Any help would be much appreciated.

You have any more information? That is coming up a total blank.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I drew a blank to? Is interline a locally known type? Collector type? Were have you heard of it before and in what kinda context was it reffered to in I.e Book, collector jargon, lecture etc?
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Can you draw one even if you do not have one?
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Did you mean this perhaps? Found this ref. after playing with spelling. Enterline Scrapers

One was what he called the Enterline Fluting Technique, which many of the points and fragments there showed : the practice of running narrow "guide flakes" up each side previous to striking off the main flute to keep it running straight.

The other, a tool form, he called Enterline Scrapers. As with the two below, these are endscrapers on which the working end is narrower than the rest of the tool, rather than (as usual) wider.

When even more extreme, these would be called "bec"s (French) or "nosed scrapers."

For what it's worth.

Attached ThumbnailsClick image for larger version.   Name:	DSC00224.jpg  Views:	269  Size:	47.4 KB  ID:	316101
          Child of the tides

Comment

• Hi-Lo
            Hi-Lo commented
            Editing a comment
            Bingo! Yes, enterline versus interline. Thanks very much.

I believe what you're looking for is ENTERLINE, a paleo fluted point.
          Child of the tides

Comment

• gregszybala
            gregszybala commented
            Editing a comment
            Way to go!
        Working...
        X