Clovis in Space.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clovis in Space.

WHat a cool article about an astronaut who brought a clovis point to the international space stattion with him in 2015.

An astronaut brought an ancient Clovis point to the space station. What object would you choose to send into space?
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

How cool! Nice looking Clovis too.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Ha! That's pretty darn cool! Who knows maybe one day a Clovis will make it to a distant planet. The maker couldn't haver ever imagined what would eventually become of his well crafted point 13,000 years ago... Incredible!

Ok Im having Clovis envy now...
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• Havenhunter
        Havenhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Hm, maybe we'll FIND a Clovis on another planet. Think about that!

• Kyflintguy
        Kyflintguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol Id bet money that somewhere in a distant galaxy something took two rocks and made a projectile point at sometime, shoot may be happening now... May also be something chatting about "relics of a bygone era" with friends on a forum too lol. Odds are pretty good id say...

Very neat article, if only that rock could talk. It would be seen like some of the ol truth stretchers that i know. Nobody would believe he seen mammoths, a saber tooth , AND FLEW INTO SPACE!

Comment

I think that just about sums it up... pretty damn cool

Comment

• Kyflintguy
          Kyflintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Needs something other than the earth for a size reference though lol...

• Looks2Much
          Looks2Much commented
          Editing a comment
          lol

Very cool Matt. I think that the article writer should have had it proof read before publishing though.
        A Clovis may be resilient.
        A more fitting description would be that it is durable.
        However a Clovis point would never ever be considered redundant.
        Bruce
        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Looks2Much
          Looks2Much commented
          Editing a comment
          I think what they meant was that they have others, meaning it was not a totally unique piece within the context of their collection... that's the way I read it anyway. But I agree regardless, there are better ways to say that.

Thanks Matt, Now all the other clovis points are envious. They might boast that they are bigger or prettier but they can't top that story.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Thanks for posting Hoss. That's cool.

Comment

That's the MOST INTERESTING POINT IN THE WORLD

Comment

Hi Matt. Thanks for bringing that article to our attention. I wonder what other things were taken aboard on that mission. Probably nothing quite so interesting (at least from our perspective).
              The picture almost looks like they saw it in orbit outside their spacecraft.

Comment

• Havenhunter
                Havenhunter commented
                Editing a comment
                Apparently this happens more than we know. In 2007 in honor of the 400yh anniversary of the first settlement in Jamestown, an astronaut took a lead tag inscribed "James Towne", recovered during the excavation of the original fort, aboard the space shuttle Atlantis to the ISS and then returned it to Jamestown Rediscovery. First settlement & now space flight artifact.
            Working...
            X