Shaman tube pipe, santa catalina island, southern california

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaman tube pipe, santa catalina island, southern california

I was thinking of buying this pipe but need advice. Do you think it is authentic, and Native American?

SHAMAN TUBE PIPE, SANTA CATALINA ISLAND, SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

Length: 8 ¾”

Diameter: 1 ¼”

Weight: 12.9 oz

It has an authentic "look", but I think it's going to be hard to tell from those photos.
    South Dakota

Comment

Hi Gary
      This is the listing on ebay I wanted to buy it for my Granddaughter's class. Do you think you could look at it?

SHAMAN TUBE PIPE, SANTA CATALINA ISLAND, SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
      ( 401275328386 )

Comment

This picture makes it look like something was applied to the stone . It almost looks like shoe polish to me. I do not like the looks of that myself. If you do buy it get a guarantee so you can send it to an authenticator. Ben Stermer would probably be your best bet for authentication. I think he is in Arizona. Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	240774
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thank you for your information you are a gem! This person has three of these pipes and they all look the same. So, I think I will wait. Once again I appreciate all that you tell me and I will keep looking for the right one for my Granddaughter.

Comment

Sadly there are more & more dishonest folks selling "artifacts" to unsuspecting buyers. We've seen some doozies that makes us shake our heads. Some members have even alerted eBay but the sellers keep listing.
            Child of the tides

Comment

HI AQ. I think it would be wise to follow the advice that Hoss offered.

Comment

That pic of Hoss's is a good one. I agree with him, that it looks like there is something applied to it.
                South Dakota

Comment

Although it's a little late for this post, perhaps it may help someone in the future. This Ebay seller, saltrento, keeps trying to sell artifacts that are obvious fakes and spreads miss information concerning Catalina Island Indians and their artifacts as in this most recent item for sell on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/401351882126?ul_noapp=true

Comment

Thanks for your reply and welcome!
                    South Dakota

Comment

Ebay is a refuge for articrooks to sell their junk and is responsible for many of the fake pieces being sold today. The only thing they care about is the commission they get from the sale and not at all about deceiving an unknowledgeable buyer.

Comment

I sent a message to Saltrento on Ebay about an hour ago titled, "Another Fake" and within a few minutes the item was removed from Ebay with the reason being, "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

Comment

Thanks for the welcome SDhunter

Comment

Looks like he's at it again with another fake except now he's saying it's from Goleta, a place he has attributed many of his fakes as originating from. http://www.ebay.com/itm/172750112490?ul_noapp=true

Comment

And yet another very obvious counterfeit from this same crook. https://www.ebay.com/itm/PIPE-WHALE-...p2047675.l2557

Comment

Working...
                              X