A gift.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A gift.

This is my first artifact gift, and I have come to realize that I appreciate a gifted artifact maybe even more then a personal find. A connection to the present and past. I have not purchased any to date, but might one day when I am no longer able to hunt. I know nothing about obsidian or west coast artifacts. These two artifacts come from Arizona. Just wanted to see if any one sees any red flags "authentic or not." Also just did a quick look in my Overstreet and am clueless on type. Also wondering if type matches the Hohokam culture and fits the time frame. Thanks.
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Sugaree - Don't know anything about the SW culture but those are really nice. Appears to be obsidian lithic. I'm sure someone on here will be able to provide answers to your questions. ...Chuck
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Interesting, both are scary rough knock outs, from that it makes you wonder. If real though could be a Rocker corner notch an Elko variant.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Sugaree
        Sugaree commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the response. I really appreciate the help!

They don't look ancient to me. Obsidian can fool you though.
      South Dakota

Comment

Working...
      X