Question about ebay seller and authenticity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about ebay seller and authenticity

I'm thinking of making a purchase on ebay and want to know if any of you have any info/opinions about this seller. He has over 3000 feedbacks, all positive, and many of them are quite complementary of the seller. He offers a variety of artifacts, and has great pictures of each one. He seems very knowledgeable and many of his items are pretty high end, at least by my amateur standards. I can see nothing not to like. I think that with this guy selling so many cool artifacts over a long period of time that some of you would have had to have seen his stuff and have an opinion.

His eBay name is mooch mooch and from reading feedbacks I think his first name is Mitch. I'm just wondering if anyone here knows this seller and has any info about wether anything he offers might not be legit? I like several of his items and think I may bid on one or two, but don't want to find out the hard way that I bought a fake. I really think this seller is legit, just trying to cover all my bases before making a buy.

Mitch Lewis is a good guy. He offers money back guarantees on his items and I have never heard anyone say an unkind word about him. About a year ago I bought some items from him and they were top shelf I have since sold said items so I cannot share pictures of them as they are gone. By the way you see Mitch at a lot of the artifact shows. I met him and sold some items to him at a show in Tenn two years ago.
    Last edited by Hoss; 03-02-2017, 06:26 PM.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thanks Hoss! I really want to feel good about the sellers I might buy from on Ebay, and Mitch seems to be a good one. It helps to hear good things like this from knowledgeable people on here!

Comment

Not familiar with the seller personally but I have bought a few pieces from him. Honestly hes really been offering some great authentic stuff of all varieties in auction format . He describes his items well and seems very knowledgeable, so nothing but praise from me.
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Thanks Josh. It helps to know others have a good opinion of him, makes me feel better about any future purchase.

Comment

That guy offers some of the best variety of hard to get artifacts of any seller I know. I frequently check his stuff just to see what he has. I seldom buy anything anymore, as I am on a fixed income late in life. But, a couple years ago, I did buy a very nice ground slate projectile point that had been found in my home state. Since I had always wanted an example of such an artifact, I went for it. I really enjoy watching his auctions and seeing what things sell for.
            Rhode Island

Comment

I have noticed recently that he has started offering up a very large amount of high quality artifacts for auction from all over the country where as he use to only have a small amount from mostly the Midwest which were all authentic. With so many items for auction, there definitely will be some fakes that get through. I was very pleased with a purchase I made with him a few years ago which was with out a doubt authentic. I have stopped bidding on his auctions though, because he won't respond to questions that I have about items that I would like to bid on. With him now offering so many collector grade pieces for auction, all I can say is be very cautious about what you bid on.

Comment

Mitch is very honest with his artifacts. I would trust dealing with him, and he honors his guarantee, so he stands by the artifacts that he sells.
                Last edited by pkfrey; 03-03-2017, 01:41 PM.
                http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

A bit late to the game, but I'd agree he's one of the better sellers out there. He also has one of the nicer personal collections out there.
                  Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Working...
                  X