• Show
Clear All

Here is the best COA Click image for larger version

Name:	0611161237-00 (1).jpg
Views:	143
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	245975 out there...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• CoachG
      CoachG commented
      Editing a comment
      Hard to beat that COA.

Yes that's the real deal. I bought myself a sifter pan about a month ago and haven't even used it yet. I wish I had more time to get out in the field.

Von

Comment

Tell ya what Coach and Von. It has really become a sad state of affairs over the years with collectibles of all types.
      The chase is better than the catch...
      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

I know the collectable's market has changed with so much product available at the punch of a button on the net. I remember when vintage Pflueger reels had some value and were pretty hard to find. Now they are a dime a dozen on eBay. I'm sure Indian artifact prices have taken a hit as well. There's always been folks that make fake artifacts and other items but the ability the net offers to sell them has likely made the problem a lot worse.

Von

Comment

Addiction? You say that like its a bad thing? Lol. Ebay is a blast. Ive made some bad purchases there and learned some tough lessons but its an awesome tool when used properly... There is tons of BS on there and its not limited to Clovis... Quit if you must but I have to get me some ebay ocassionaly.
          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Well I did say "maybe?" kind of tongue in cheek.

I hear Ya but after my ebay binge I'm going to lay off and concentrate on local stuff. I'm lucky to live in a place where artifacts are easy enough to find at decent prices. Don't get me wrong it takes work but the payoff is really good. Knoxville should be a good area and similar to where I live in NC. I'm going to start going to estate sales. We live in a interesting time. Our parents and grandparents had real nice antique furniture and other collectable's. I'm 53 and most of the stuff I have bought is particle board junk. The good stuff I have was handed down to me. The question is have you bought anything new that will be valuable 100 years from now? I doubt it and that's why I buy old stuff. Local is the way to go but ebay is so easy. Im going to resist the temptation and shop local but I'll still do a little ebay too.

Von
            Last edited by Von; 03-31-2017, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X