Fossilized bone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fossilized bone

This was recently handed down to my wife and I from her father, he found this fossilized bone on a friend's ranch in the late 70's in north central Texas

Jm - What does the other side look like?? I see a general shape of what could be a hip bone or scapula but there's no detail. A friend of mine's father was working in Oklahoma in the late 50's and found what appeared to be fossilized bone but later turned out to be oddly shaped rocks. I'll see if I can find the pics. ...Chuck
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

My apologies Chuck, here's the other side of it

Comment

It has been a while since I have been on this site so. I all start slow.
        Your bone is not what you think. It is only a suggestivly shaped limestone.
        These are pretty common in the Georgetown material as well as the Austin.
        It is an anomoly most likely where a marine creature dug a burrow and it hardened in this
        Suggestive manner.
        Not a bone.
        Jessy B.
        It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
        It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
        Circa:1982

Comment

• Jmhansard
          Jmhansard commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Jessy, I was definitely fooled by its shape and the hair line cracks in this stone
      Working...
      X