Fern and Fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fern and Fish

Thanks again Painshill for the useful information. I purchased a knightia fish and Pecopteris fern on eBay. Pretty pleased with the items. Would rather have found them myself but sometimes that isn't an option

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1203.PNG
Views:	36
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	240978Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1204.PNG
Views:	41
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	240979
    Montani Semper Liberi

Wow Luke - Those are super fossils. Like you, I'd sure like to find my own here on the mountain. Maybe if I can get permission to hunt in the slate quarry down the road, I just might find something. I really like those two you got ...Chuck
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
      lukecreekwalker commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd say you got a great chance to find ferns in that slate. Hope you get after it and find a haul

Very nice detail in that fish, would like to have some of those in my collection.

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
      Editing a comment
      eBay has them pretty cheap...I know they aren't around my neck of the woods in WV

Very handsome pieces! How do you plan to display them?
    Child of the tides

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
      Editing a comment
      I just have them out by my arrowheads in front of my tv. I need a bigger stand lol

Glad you found some nice ones!
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
      Editing a comment
      Roger the leaf from the original post came from Hungary today. I think it's talc. The rock is super light and fragile. Thanks again
      Last edited by lukecreekwalker; 02-15-2017, 11:15 PM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1101.PNG
Views:	42
Size:	288.8 KB
ID:	241310
    Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Working...
    X