Neolithic mammoth hip bone morter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neolithic mammoth hip bone morter

I got this from a archaeolagist. He said it was a surface find in Africa. It even had the mate stone inside. He said it was neolithic. This is the first like this I have ever seen....ever

I got this from a archaeolagist. This was a surface find and even had the mate stone inside! From Africa high desert. This is the only one I have ever seen and really happy it is mine! NFS_Read em and weap...jk

Comment

Very cool artifact! I can see a shaman using that alongside his human skull drinking vessel..
      If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

How sure are you / is he about mammoth? I would expect the pelvic socket on a mature specimen to be around 7 inches in diameter. Not much different to an African elephant (in either size or anatomy).
        I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

I guess he guessed mammoth. Today I took it to the Fredericksburg indian artifact show in Texas and showed it around. Alot of people said camel. I even thought it was too small for mammoth but just wrote what I was told in all the excitement!

Comment

Well it does beg the question why would an archeologist give up a mammoth artifact? It's not like there's a lot lying around. I'm just saying...
            How old is the camel specimen, did they say? It's cool looking nevertheless.
            Child of the tides

Comment

Working...
            X