Finally found a whole point again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally found a whole point again

It's been a long time since I found a whole point (well, maybe a month or two.) In that time, I've found a lot of broken points, flake tools, etc. Yesterday I found this (presumably resharpened) levanna point and two brokes. It's a shame the big black one is broken (and no, it's just just a rock... it's heavily water worn) because I've never found such a big triangle point.

Good eye to spot those artifacts amongst all the other stone.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Nice triangle.

Comment

Cool find. Man that's tough hunting in all those rocks!!

Comment

That's an awesome one, congrats on ending the dry spell! What part of the country are you in?

Comment

• filmiracl
            filmiracl commented
            Editing a comment
            Philadelphia PA area.

• -=METACOM=-
            -=METACOM=- commented
            Editing a comment
            You have some nice materials over there.

Congratulations, and nice find in all those pebbles. I like that type.
          South Dakota

Comment

Nice! What do you folks do, crawl through all those stones? I'd have to walk a snails pace.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• filmiracl
              filmiracl commented
              Editing a comment
              Sometimes I just walk slowly, other times I'll crouch down in one spot. It depends on if I'd rather have a sore back or sore knees!

Very nice finds thanks for sharing
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I would not doubt that whole point was made into a little drill . The edges and tip look very worn. I have three that were worked down to drill like the one you are showing. By the way Good eyeClick image for larger version

Name:	wy1.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	860.0 KB
ID:	229128
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• filmiracl
                filmiracl commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, definitely could be a point converted to drill. I've see nearly identical ones online but I didn't even think of it.
            Working...
            X