Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 in the palm of my hand + a question (paleo?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 in the palm of my hand + a question (paleo?)

I haven't been posting much simply because I haven't been finding much... this is my 2017 so far, all broken, but I'll take it. All Philly areas. Bummer about the black levanna because it could have been one of my favorite points I've found... I like the brown, presumably jasper, vein. One of my nicest scrapers, and a nice "marbled" flake blade. As for the broken base on the bottom (and additional photos) -- could that be paleo? Yeah, I know I ask a lot of unanswerable questions, and this is probably one of them. I'd say it's either just a fox creek base or possibly paleo... leaning towards fox creek.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7981.jpg Views:	1 Size:	116.7 KB ID:	238492
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7980.jpg Views:	1 Size:	294.5 KB ID:	238493
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7984.jpg Views:	1 Size:	77.0 KB ID:	238491
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7985.jpg Views:	1 Size:	73.3 KB ID:	238490
    Last edited by filmiracl; 01-19-2017, 08:32 AM.

Look's quite close to Paleo, good hunting!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• searchinghawk
      searchinghawk commented
      Editing a comment
      i believe its an early point,, similar to some early types i have found here in new england

I'm not sure where the base is concerned. I use Boudreau's typology, and he does note that some Fox Creeks have "delicate basal ears".
    Rhode Island

Comment

You've done well for yourself so far this year. I can't say yes or no to that piece being Paleo. Leaning toward no, but the Northern experts will tell you for sure.

Comment

Yeah, I'm leaning towards Fox Creek (I've found a few others here and some do have those "delicate basal ears") -- this one just seems a bit beefier and just seems older... but of course, that doesn't mean much.

Comment

I would say fox creek...some have ears,some straight base and others have fishtails...didn't you also find a really nice fox creek made from a reddish colored material..
          Last edited by TSUMS; 01-19-2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Yep, here's that one... and it has the small ears too.

Comment

Actually those are decent finds from my perspective. Nice material and you can identify some of them. Like you, I'm having a real dry spell and it not for lack of rain. Just nothing washing out. Time and patience will tell. ...Chuck
              Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Hey chuck..it's time to grab a shovel and start strip mining those hills by your house.. I'm sure something will fall out..lol

Comment

Working...
                X