Small but was easy to see

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small but was easy to see

I had time for one hunt this weekend and went to a spot I hadn't walked since December. I was suprised to see this lil gravel worn critter fully exposed and perty much intact besides a tiny bite on tip. It is very thin and has rine on one side. The base isn't flat as most triangles I have seen and the base is ground. I am happy to have found this lil true arrowhead.

That is a sweet point, congrats on that find!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Glad you got a hunt in. It was a crazy 80 degrees today and the garden is getting fooled into thinking it's April. Hunted the beach early this morning before the crowds arrived but came up empty-- unlike you! Pretty point.
      Child of the tides

Comment

• p kurt
        p kurt commented
        Editing a comment
        It has been very warm here too, in the 70s. Friday night was a beautiful night with the full moon and warm temps. The spring peepers were starting to wake up.

That's a killer one Kurt! You sure you don't have a lil Dalton there? You said the base was ground and I can see its been sharpened opposite edges... Just a thought but here in east Tn, our Daltons are all pretty small compared to other places... Would love to hear other thoughts on that idea? Thanks for sharing!
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• p kurt
        p kurt commented
        Editing a comment
        It has the appearance of a dalton but it is paper thin and just dose not have the flaking of dalton type points from this area. I lean towards a bird point. If it is a tiny dalton that is great but I would expect to see a median ridge or atleast a lil thicker piece. Either way it is a fine lil point.

That's very well made. Nice one
      South Dakota

Comment

Nice find.

Comment

KILLER!!!!

i agree with Josh,that does look like a small dalton

it does look to have a little of the cortex left on the one side
          with a lot of cherts,the best part of the rock is right below the cortex

who ever made that one knew what they were doing,thats for sure

Comment

The shape and color stopped me in my tracks

Comment

Nice find man.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
              X