Views:	203
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	240953
    Click image for larger version

Name:	P2101587.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	240954
    At least I think they're scrapers. The middle and the one on the right are uniface but the one on the left is biface, could it be a knife or a preform instead?

Those are great!

Comment

Hey rockON - I like em all, especially that long thin drill - top left pic bottom drill. I like the material too. ...Chuck
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Top left - The large one is a paddle drill, the other three are varieties of drills. The biface one appears to be a heavily patinated Onondaga chert, which will patinate to that very whitish color. Look for a little nick some where so you can see the original color. I don't think it's a preform, it looks to be finished and a knife form. The other two are uniface scrapers. The middle looks like Flintridge chalcedony, the other is Onondaga chert. Uniface scrapers are a trademark of the Paleo Indian period, but all cultures used them. I think yours are Early Woodland related.
        http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

Okay, now I'm drooling! You've struck pure gold with your purchase.
          Child of the tides

Comment

• rock ON.
            rock ON. commented
            Editing a comment
            One of those few rare times when luck or something was finally on my side.

Agree with Frey. Nice pieces.

Comment

Yea, you did good
            South Dakota

Comment

Working...
            X