Colors and cultures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colors and cultures

I worked a few weeks straight so I have been hitting It hard catching up. I found several pieces today, most of which are damaged in one way or another . I found a couple of real h eartbreakers. The lil birdies, broken jacks reef type, and the hoe are from same site. The pink birdie has base damage and the clear one is missing ear and lil above it. I hit this site hoping to find a birdie and mission complete. The hoe is neat to me because it is made without any work except the bit. It has been worked super smooth and still has a sharp bit. Due to the obvious use one the rest of the hoe the bit must of just been resharpened before being lost by the last owner. the hopewellian point with bullseye is banged up perty good but dang what super material. It very well made with beveled edges on all for sides just like a harpeth and is fantastic example of cobden chert. The side notched is missing one ear and is made from an unknown material to me, I have a busted lostlake made from the same material. The lil eva is intact and a rare type for me to find, I think that is my third. The harpeth river is complete and is a super lil piece, it's two and half inches long and very well made with rind on one side. That lil bugger has been in the water for a long time. There is a lil exhausted stemmed woodland point and I may have missed describing one but what a fun day!

Great Group. Heavy stain,bullseye and a Hopewell type worthy of restoration. Actually white one i quite nice also!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Hey Kurt, Thanks for sharing the pictures. You have some nice artifacts there. That bullseye is awesome.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

I'm in awe of anyone who can find multiple pieces during a hunt. 😕 The bullseye is very cool!
        Child of the tides

Comment

Wow , that would make a good dozen times out for me. Some cool pieces but really like the hoe. Quick, easy and just like that, used.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Those are cool, really like those materials! That Harpeth river is my favorite! Thanks for sharing!
            Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

As you can see all my finds were hiding. The others were hid well enough that they were lucky flips. The harpeth being fully exposed blended in very well.

Comment

You sure had a nice week. Wow, some very nice finds.
                South Dakota

Comment

Great finds.

Comment

Wow - That would make my year. Kurt - those insitu's are what make the finds so great. The harder they are to find the more I like them. Unfortunately, my eyes are probably overlooking more than I find. An awesome post guy.
                    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Working...
                    X