Best day ever for me, could be bad day for someone else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best day ever for me, could be bad day for someone else

I was on a roll at my go-to spot... I found all of this in under an hour (I was on my lunch break at work.) I didn't want to leave but I had to. I figured the recent snow and ice churned up the place and I guess I was right. Philly area... two levanna points, not sure what the others would be.. too bad on the broken notched one... could have been one of my favorite points to date. I bent down to pick up the broken notched point and spotted one of the levannas literally a foot away.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8552.JPG Views:	1 Size:	154.0 KB ID:	245308
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8548.JPG Views:	1 Size:	302.4 KB ID:	245306
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8551.JPG Views:	1 Size:	247.5 KB ID:	245307
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8550.JPG Views:	1 Size:	243.9 KB ID:	245309
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8549.JPG Views:	1 Size:	258.7 KB ID:	245310

Nice finds I would go back after work LOL Great pictures, thanks for sharing.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

It looks like what you might consider is, take a small garden tool down there and slowly rake down through those pebbles. The artifacts may have a tendency to get washed over and buried. There's probably more than just surface pieces laying there.
      http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

Yow!!! That is a day man...I agree with the others. Get back there and give it another look...cool finds bro...
        The chase is better than the catch...
        I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Just at lunch? Yeah, agree with the others. Can you imagine if you spent two or three hours there?
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Awesome day! Go get em.
            N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Not bad for a lunch break, indeed. I agree with Paul/pkfrey suggestion. It could be well worth your time. Not many of our members would have one of their sites so close to their work area. By the way: good eye on seeing those points among all the small pebbles and other things on that beach.

Comment

I usually go here everyday at lunch for an hour... it's the only place I hunt. I normally walk away with some worked flakes or just debitage that I'm collecting for some reason, maybe 1 or so brokes a week... but today was pretty good for me. These were all surface finds, but there are a few hot spots at this place that always seem to have something... usually I'll wipe away layers of rocks with my foot and have found a number of points under the surface.

Comment

Nice finds.

Comment

Have you considered playing hooky or taking a vacation day? 😄
                    Child of the tides

Comment

Nice work. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Nice finds!

I would be down there every day. There's a creek near where I work that is a dead zone so far.

Von

Comment

Very nice day, and I love your pics too
                          South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                          X