Round Rock / Georgetown Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round Rock / Georgetown Texas

Been in Texas almost 3 years and have never found a complete point. Plenty of unfinished and fragments of tools and points all over the place but I guess the good ones have been found already. I figured I'd post my complaint because every time I say that something never happens...

(the one in the lower left may actually be complete - found in a river and its too worn to tell for certain)

They are out there. Maybe it's time to find more and new stomping grounds. Some nice partials you have there though. Keep on looking!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Well J,
      You are right, lower left is a really rough point. It looks as if you can see them.
      Like Greg said: You need some new stomping grounds.
      You are in a great area. Expand out and it does not hurt to ask permission to walk some rancher or farmers creek.

Jess B.
      It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
      It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
      Circa:1982

Comment

Yeah, what Greg said. Maybe mosey around a new place or two. Have the eye apparently just not right spot right time I guess.
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Tell ya what JM. I have seen some outstanding finds come from Texas. Expand your horizons and you'll find em. That state is loaded with stuff...
          The chase is better than the catch...
          I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

I agree. Don't get discouraged. You will find a spot that isn't picked over.
            South Dakota

Comment

Thanks everyone, I fully intend to keep trying. I think the problem is that flakes on the ground get my attention so that's where I stop and look - but of course that's where they were making them and would not have left the good ones behind.

Comment

Well it took a few months but I finally found a complete point in the North San Gabriel river yesterday. My best finds have been in or near that river, so I think I found my hunting grounds.

Comment

Well congrats !! Perseverance pays off on a nice point !!
                  As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
                  NW Arkansas

Comment

Sweet! There you go.
                    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Now that's what I'm talkin bout!!! Wooo doggies.👍 That's a nice one.
                      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

That's a sweet find from deep in the heart of Texas! Yeehaw!
                        Child of the tides

Comment

Working...
                        X