A couple of points from a pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of points from a pond

Not exactly in-situ pics, but just found. I love finding them in the water, they're so clean and shiny when you pick them up. A nice smokey gray quartz Wading River point and a broken crystal quartz side notched point. I wish that one had been whole.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gray quartz point.jpg - 1.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	248648Click image for larger version

Name:	crystal quartz side notched.jpg - 1.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	127.9 KB
ID:	248649

Hey Alan, Congrats on a successful hunt with two nice finds. Two beautiful lithics there.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Good Hunting!
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Both nice finds though! Can't figure which I like more, the nearly clear crystal quartz or that sweet Wading River.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Aaaaaaaawwwwwww Darn!! I agree with you Clam - I wish that quartz point had been whole but it's still a beautiful artifact. Both are awesome finds.
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Odd that the crystal quartz point has a broken tip and and a broken base corner, usually it's one or the other.

Comment

Congrats on the nice finds. That is beautiful quartz. And glad that you are posting again.

Comment

Wow, sweet finds there, Alan! I seldom see smoky quartz where we hunt.
                Rhode Island

Comment

Hey Alan, I always enjoy reading your posts, especially from a fellow water walker. You've got two nice finds there!
                  Child of the tides

Comment

Originally posted by CMD View Post
                    Wow, sweet finds there, Alan! I seldom see smoky quartz where we hunt.
                    There is quite a bit of it that shows up in this particular river valley. I've also found several used up cores with the cortex rind, they seemed to be from baseball sized cobbles.

Comment

The first one is really nice!
                      South Dakota

Comment

That's some perty material

Comment

Working...
                        X