Historic Ute culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historic Ute culture

I am sorry that I dont have the facts. This is more of a observation of what I have seen, from the relics they have left. Camps are six miles apart. and yes they used all metals. Adornment was well in grained. I am sure that these camps were not used from season to season. More for replenishment of a food supply. The grain was Pinion nuts. which they had a formidable opponent in a bird. But the culture in its self is no different from ours now. Adapt for what is needed, and use what you have on hand. Guns were cannibalized when bullets or powder ran out. and they took everything as ways to reinvent them.
    Just some thoughts to what Roger brought up!
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

I think it's really neat you have access to these transitional historic sites. I never find anything from that era as metal and wood disappears so fast here. I have heard of some metal points found in a few pishkins, but not many...
    Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

Originally posted by Cskelton View Post
      I think it's really neat you have access to these transitional historic sites. I never find anything from that era as metal and wood disappears so fast here. I have heard of some metal points found in a few pishkins, but not many...
      The fact that we can bring back our time in anyway and have it not disappear. We have away of looking back. I will be an advocate for that.
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Working...
      X