Does this amount to anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this amount to anything

I found this a while back, I make it a point to pick up any rock that looks different or cool looking and take it back to the house. I try to eventually look them over to see if I think any of them amount to being something interesting. I found this a year or so ago on one of our little back yard adventures. I see it laying on the front porch often and wonder was it possible a tool, or was it just made by mother nature. If it was human made, what was it for? Thanks for any info.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0801 [replaced].jpg
Views:	71
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	220853

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0800 [replaced].jpg
Views:	47
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	220854

I'm not sure what it is, but it's sure a cool looking rock. I would have picked up too. Maybe some of the good folks here can be of more help.

Comment

Looks natural to me.    I can't really see the hole well,  but if drilled,   you should see signs of that.
      South Dakota

Comment

It looks like a  natural geofact to me.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Yep.  It's a rock.

Comment

Welcome, STX,
            Yes, you have a rock,
            but it is a nice, cool, interesting rock
            with a hole in it even, Huh Imagine that!
            Whatever you do dont throw that rock away,
            If you found it keep it, add it to a flower bed or something.
            Just and even if you get jostled around for showing us a rock
            jump right in and show us another of your finds, because you did start out
            taking and posting some nice photos of your rock,
            which; could be something, and as a matter of fact I collect rocks just like yours,
            did you find anything in the same place?

Comment

I agree 100% with greg blood.   Keep it,  I keep anytype of stone that fascinates me!

Comment

I,ve had people steal rocks from my yard. Ive also had racoons take and bring things. My advice is to hoard everything inside.

Comment

Working...
                X