native rock pendant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• native rock pendant?

found in the bed of yellowstone river Montana....indian pendant?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WIN_20160816_09_39_30_Pro.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	222173
    Last edited by teresa; 08-16-2016, 10:51 AM.

Welcome to the forum.

Having problems adding pictures? There's a tutorial here:

http://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/new-member-area-gc25/tutorials-how-do-i…-gc130/167428-how-to-add-pictures-to-a-post
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

thank you painshill...

Comment

Welcome to AH.com Teresa. I from what I see from the pic' shown is a natural rock that has a hole from erosion. Nature has a way of altering the form through wind sand and water. All thou found in an area of artifact rich area my gut feeling is nature made. The hole does not look to be drilled. I do find rocks of this nature all over in the High northern plains.
        Keep looking and you will be finding the real deal soon.
        Good luck and I look forward to more posts from you.
        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Have to agree with Chase. The hole looks natural rather than drilled. There is of course no way of knowing whether anyone took advantage of the existing hole. Even today, people still do that. I used to have a beach pebble with a hole on my key-ring for a while until I got fed up with the extra weight. But you need context to justify it having been used as a pendant. Keep lookin'
          I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Working...
          X