Geologist Unearth Fully Intact Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geologist Unearth Fully Intact Rock

FORT COLLINS, CO—Describing the discovery as the most flawless specimen ever unearthed, a team of geologists working in northern Colorado announced Friday they had excavated a fully intact rock. “This stunning find provides an illuminating glimpse into what rocks may have looked like in their complete form millions of…

Click image for larger version

Name:	700.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	238424

Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

What a let down. I wish it was found in Indiana. Now I am left wondering if a person who recently passed through Indiana might have actually planted this one in Colorado.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

This can't be serious. I have lots of those. 😳
      South Dakota

Comment

I know I'll be criticised for this, but I suspect that rock was once part of an even bigger rock. Yeah, I know, it sounds fringe worthy, but I like thinking outside of the box....
        Rhode Island

Comment

• Hoss
          Hoss commented
          Editing a comment
          Not so fast that looks first stage to me!

i think i seen one like that posted on here before.....hhmmmmm?
        call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

onion news is great,lol
          call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	SurprisedCow.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.8 KB ID:	238471
            Click image for larger version  Name:	dollar.jpg Views:	1 Size:	28.2 KB ID:	238472

Name:	image_1963.gif
Views:	75
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	238477

Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Believe it or not... I did find a fully intact rock once. You will just have to take my word for it because I didn't take pictures until after I had broken it into many pieces. I kept the nicer looking pieces and put them in a frame. The other pieces are in a pile in the edge of the woods. It would be difficult to put them back together because they are mixed in with thousands of pieces of other rocks that I broke up. Perhaps if you sorted them by color you might be able to put one back together that way.
              Michigan Yooper
              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Yes, we learn something new every day. The possible relationship between rocks, pebbles and boulders was at least partly answered some time ago:

Name:	Rock Family.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	216.7 KB
ID:	238515
                I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Remember that old saying "Sometimes a rock is just a rock." I know many of you guys are thinking the same thing. Now that there's funny - I don't care who y'are. ...Chuck
                  Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

It was a "rock"
                    They picked it up and turned it into a "specimen"
                    Jess B.
                    It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
                    It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
                    Circa:1982

Comment

Working...
                    X