Philadelphia area points - year to date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philadelphia area points - year to date

All my life, I've looked for indian artifacts in the Philly area and found zilch. Around the beginning of this year, I started seriously looking and I found one place that produced. This is the only place I hunt... points are few and far between and often times broken or water worn, but I'll take what I can get. I took this photo to show one of the owners of the site the actual points and tools I've found (this doesn't include some large river cobble tools/cores, pottery, and worked flake tools) so I just figured I'd post it on here too... why not... if you search online, there isn't a whole lot about points from this area (around Philly, that is.) This site is recognized mainly as a woodland period base camp, however I have a couple archaic / terminal archaic points in this bunch. These points are a lot different than many you other guys find!
    Last edited by filmiracl; 08-06-2016, 08:34 PM.

Glad you ran into the honey hole. Good looking pieces. The new guy in the arrowheads help section needs to check this post out.

Comment

Good you did finally come across this spot. Like what your finding as to lithics and types.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Wow - Really nice and, as greg says, a variety of lithic to boot. Good going. ...Chuck
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for saving them. Isn't every day you see points from urban areas.

Comment

Thanks... Ended up with four brokes yesterday so I guess the photo needs to be updated! I treasure my brokes too because there isn't much else! Just wish I could find some more pottery!

Comment

Love it love it love it, urban point hunting. Great stuff! What I find incredible is that there is no quartzite. Or argillite or rhyolite. At least not that I can see. It has to be there. Thanks for the post and good luck.
                New Jersey

Comment

Working...
                X