Bulverde Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulverde Point

I found this Bulverde yesterday and initially assumed it was just a flake from what was showing on the surface. Due to the amount of debitage in some areas, I don’t normally take the time to lift something out of the ground unless I see certain angles or a lot of flaking. It’s pretty crude, but still glad to add it to my collection. I’ve found several Bulverde points on this ridge, but this is the widest one.

That sure is some nice material. And a nice point. Thanks.

Comment

Sweet, looks like a worked down larger point.  Knifework on that one side.  Heavy duty!~
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

flip everything!!! you never know! thats a nice one, cool knife too!
        call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Interesting point. I know little about Texas types so I will take your word for it. Thanks for sharing.
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

That is a very nice point my friend thanks for sharing
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thank you OnewiththewilD, I probably would not have found it if it wasn't for carrying this knife. I normally walk for hours, so I carry the essentials...a gun, water, beef jerky -and- when I'm not serious... alcohol! A knife always seems like one too many, but glad I took it to flip rocks.

Comment

Tomclark,
                It never crossed my mind until you said knifework, do you think it could have been used as just a hafted knife? It seems heavy and awkward, but I haven’t seen a lot of larger points, so I wasn’t sure. I attached a picture of a few other points, and one knife that I found in the same general area, all of which are a bit thinner (I would have put this point next to them for comparison, but just realized I left it at my bf’s house.)

Comment

Nice point you found.  Tell us more about it.  What is the material?   Gary
                  South Dakota

Comment

That's where the walking stick comes in handy. It's easy on the back to just give a poke and see if there is a surprise waiting for you.

Comment

So glad you flipped that. Awesome find. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                      X