Killer find today......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killer find today......

At the beach again today and found a type I always wanted to find.. a Greene !!

That's a nice point you found. It appears to be very "smoothed out" as a result of wave action over the years. You have quite the good eye for finding artifacts among all those beach pebbles and cobbles. That makes the find even more rewarding.

Comment

Terry, Are you sure that's a Greene type? Greene points are ovate, but usually have a straight base, and are slightly to largely pentagonal, being wider in the center. I think you have a nice find there, but a bipointed, ovate knife.
      http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

It's either a Greene or a Lagoon, a similiar type...as you know some lagoons don't have the straught base....I'm pretty sure it's either one of the two..

Comment

Hey Terry, Congrats on a good find. That's a nice blade whatever the type.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

I don't think it's a Lagoon. Of the30 examples of Greene Boudreau illustrates in his sample, a handful, about 7, show a rounded base, with greatest width not above midpoint.
            Your piece does closely resemble a couple of his examples, but I'm not sure if it is a Greene or not. but it is very close to a couple that he included in the revised typology. Nice find whatever you call it.
            Rhode Island

Comment

Actually Tsums - no matter what it is, it's a great find. Looking at your last pic of the beach you were searching, you were one lucky dude to have picked that one up out of all them rocks and pebbles... ...Chuck
              Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

nice find, it does have some extreme wear.

Comment

That's a very nice blade. I love it.
                  South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                  X