New felt for my first case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New felt for my first case

Changed the felt in my new case. Think I will stay with this color from now on. You can get felt at any craft store for dirt cheap. I am loving the new color
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Mike's Display.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	516.5 KB
ID:	241612
    Last edited by Ron Kelley; 02-20-2017, 03:51 PM.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Of course the photo uploaded upside down
    Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Mike, That is one great looking display. I'll flip the pic 180* for you.

Does make them pop. Great frame full of finds!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Great Frame!
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Very nice. Neutral color blends in with just about everything.
        Child of the tides

Comment

Hey ya Luke - Agree - the lighter background makes the darker points pop out. Nice frame but much nicer collection. ...Chuck
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Sweet frame.

Comment

That is a great color for the lithic colors you find!

Comment

Thanks for flipping it for me Ron. I blame it on being left handed. Holding the phone sideways to take the pic and I guess I am holding it upside down. You all can get any color felt from your local craft store for less than $5. I was sick of the red but I think I will go with this color for every case I have now. Thanks everyone for the comments
                Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

I like the light color Mike, makes those darker lithics pop more! You have a killer personal finds collection, hopefully someday I will have a frame of personal finds like that too. Thanks for sharing!
                  Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

The white is much better than the red was . Are you using foam underneath the felt?
                    Bruce
                    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
                      lukecreekwalker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yea there is foam underneath. Some of the points are so thin that they slide in the case. For points that move, I use little pieces of cardboard to raise the point a little higher. This usually always works and keeps it secure for display.

Originally posted by lukecreekwalker View Post
                    Changed the felt in my new case. Think I will stay with this color from now on. You can get felt at any craft store for dirt cheap. I am loving the new color
                    Looks good.

I use felt in all of my displays and have tried all different colors to see what contrasts nicely with the artifacts being displayed.
                    My favorite felt colors are maroon, medium green and white. Red is out.

Comment

Felt was on sale last week at Jo Anne Knit Shop 3.99 a yard cant go wrong buying it by the yard and cutting it yourself.
                      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• lukecreekwalker
                        lukecreekwalker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's where I got it. Didn't know about it being on sale. I guess I got lucky and went at the right time.

That's a beautiful frame!
                      South Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
                        Felt was on sale last week at Jo Anne Knit Shop 3.99 a yard cant go wrong buying it by the yard and cutting it yourself.
                        Hobby Lobby is where I buy it.
                        You can get any length of felt you want so it also makes attractive inexpensive table covers.

Last edited by 11KBP; 03-07-2017, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Hoss
                          Hoss commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Very nice display Dick. One day I hope to get a camper to stick on the back of my truck and head west to see some of the shows out that way. Loveland has been on my bucket list for quite some time. https://www.stoneagefair.com/lovelan...ciety_home.htm

• 11KBP
                          11KBP commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks Hoss. If you do not want to drive all the way to Loveland you might consider the Nebraska show which is 460 miles closer. There will be Colorado collections at the Nebraska show as well as many fine central Great Plains collections from several states all in one building.
                      Working...
                      X