Pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipe?

Found about 20 years ago farm about 40 miles north Cincinnati has a couple plow scratches the center smooth two ends not

That's a real interesting piece I'm no expert but I think you're right that it's a tube or cylinder type pipe, someone here will know know for sure . Nice find.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Thanks I have walked a lot of miles in 26 years collecting in 15 states and alaska I collect stone tools I have noticed each Indian group use same type tools but with slight changes I also have a lot of arrowheads

Comment

Always happy to see arrowheads show us some pics. when you get a chance.

Comment

That's unique. I wonder why the center was ground down. I don't understand how this would have looked or been used.
            South Dakota

Comment

That sure is a phallic pipe! Maybe it was used in a fertility ceremony.

Comment

• Havenhunter
                Havenhunter commented
                Editing a comment
                God I'm glad you said it first 'cause I've been snickering ever since I saw it! Lol!!

• Bone2stone
                Bone2stone commented
                Editing a comment
                Me too.

Did you find this or buy it?
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Hhaysr56
                Hhaysr56 commented
                Editing a comment
                I found my brother and son with me I have paid land owners to walk their land but I do not buy artifacts I either trade or find and I inherited my grandfathers collection

I'm starting to wonder about this? Doesn't look right to me.
              South Dakota

Comment

You still have an open question here did you find this or buy it? Plus just as the Clovis please take some better pictures of this one in good lighting.
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I was wondering how big this was too? I didn't see anything to compare its length.
                  South Dakota

Comment

• Hhaysr56
                    Hhaysr56 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When I get new phone I'll take new pit with ruler just got home from hospital I broke phone when I fell give me. A couple weeks had a blood clot lung lost right lower lobe till it heals my grandfather thought it was a shamens fertility tube pipe he said that was why shaped like male penis but he was not sure

My grandfather also thought the smooth part at on time wraped with beads or leather

Comment

I'm sure sorry about your fall, and your lung problem. I hope you're feeling better soon.
                    South Dakota

Comment

The first pit I never noticed each side is rubbed like an bannerstone and there's a red color on the smooth center and the chip there is no minerals

Comment

Maybe it's a fertility pestle?

Von

Comment

Working...
                        X