• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clovis

Found southwestern pa near Ohio border

hard to get good pic

Comment

That is a knockout beautiful Clovis. Is that a personal find? If so, that alone is worth hundreds of hours of walking fields and creek banks. The symmetry of this point is beyond belief. Are you showing both sides?

Comment

There is some rough spots on edges tip has a pin nick yes I found they where building something I searched dirt pile had clay around just seen edge that's edge with pin nicks the hinges have iron. Stain all edges smooth flat surfaces smooth except for ridge on one off flutes it's not sharp but is high there is microscopic pin holes filled with clay and some with a black dirt

Comment

Also one flute is higher than other the shorter flute is wider we also found three broken ones when I found I was like a little kid my brother and his two brother in laws thought I lost my mind I do not think I will ever find better unless I find a larger one in blue flint I still need to find a Cumberland whole I found broken ones

Comment

Find of a Lifetime, Congrats!
            http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Is this a recent find?
              You should register this Clovis with the folks who track Clovis findings for historical purposes. Search online & you'll find where & how to do so.
              Child of the tides

Comment

Was with Pa state museum gave them gps that I recorded

Comment

Sure would love to find one of them
                  South Dakota

Comment

Can you take some better pictures in out door sunlight. Is that brown stuff on there from reflection or is it part of the stone? Looks a little like Sonora Chert
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Were you able to take better pictures of this one in good lighting? Shooting outdoors using indirect sunlight helps a great deal. Noon with the sun directly over head will cause the pictures to wash out. Indoor lighting casts unwanted hues from the CFL bulbs (pinks or blue) or Yellow and orange from incandescents and LED. Best to be outdoors and shoot for best color. Your focus ispretty good but the color may be off. Please post better pictures The point deserves the best you can take!
                      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Hhaysr56
                        Hhaysr56 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Will also send some backlight pit stays dark no glows

Back from hospital I broke my phone when i fell will send pitchers when I get phone the pa museum said upper Tennessee flint I question this he told me they have found Clovis and paleo in Ohio from Missouri and paleo in pa fron ny flint give me a couple weeks till I can go to phone store

Comment

Gorgeous Clovis! Love the patina.

Comment

That is a find of a life time to me . Congrats
                          and as usual I learned something new .
                          The call in if you find one .

Comment

Working...
                          X