Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep on keeping on

deleted
    Last edited by frogyrogy; 03-20-2018, 04:04 PM.

Now that's a nice Dalton!

There are several lakes built along the Yadkin River near where I live that will produce but you have to be careful and stay on private land because removing artifacts from public land isn't legal unless you can get a permit.

Von

Comment

Wow great story and some very nice artifacts too. Persistence pays off!
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Those are some awesome finds! Like your in situ pics & look forward to seeing that drill.
        Child of the tides

Comment

Those are both high quality points. You are obviously onto a very old site. The beautiful Dalton is of course the oldest but that St.Charles/Plevna/Dovetail is really old, also. Because I like the real old Paleo thru early Archaic the best, then for me It doesn't really get much better than those two finds. Because you are hunting so near my old hunting grounds near the Tennessee River in north Alabama I except you would be finding pretty much the same kind of stuff that I found. You are in a very rich area, archaeologically speaking.

Comment

• frogyrogy
            frogyrogy commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I grew up hunting in north Alabama . . . Coffee Slough, Cane Creek, Seven Mile, Smithsonia, Kogers and such spots occupied many of my weekends up until the TVA said no more.

Wow! It may not produce often but thaat is one sweet honey hole. Congrats.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Man that's a beautiful point! Would love to find something like that.
            South Dakota

Comment

Awesome finds!
              N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Very nice finds! Thanks for sharing!
                Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Wow! Look at that drill! That's awesome!
                  South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                  X