Quartz levanna from pre-rain hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quartz levanna from pre-rain hunt

Nice little levanna, I don't have too many perfect ones but this one definitely made me stop and smile
    Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Where found? Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Sorry about that! Found in New England! Walking a plowed field. 9/10 these points are broken or missing and ear, this one proved to be a lucky one that didn't get dinged by the plow

Comment

Sweet! Triangles continue to allude me. ☹️
        Child of the tides

Comment

• Pointhead
          Pointhead commented
          Editing a comment
          You absolutley will find one! What region are you hunting? I have a feeling if I hunt long term like 30 years or more there's no telling what Someone could find

Congrats on the find that is a beuty. May it be your first of many. No telling when they will pop up! I think there is 30 triangles in this frame. It illustrates a lifetime of walking errr often slogging through mud in all kinds of weather. Click image for larger version

Name:	quartz.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	107.2 KB
ID:	246527
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Pointhead
          Pointhead commented
          Editing a comment
          That's truly incredible! how did you get the points to display standing up? My dad has made some "shadow boxes" but they lay down flat on tables. I love the design HOSS. I'm looking forward to the points i've yet to find, I'm hoping to have many a field walked, creeks scoured and memories made.

Back in the day we used duco cement points in place. the back of the frame is 1/4" Luan then on top of that 1/2 inch of batting. We liked to use satin fabric over that. I use felt now and no glue anymore just pressure. Nowadays it is better to just use foam rubber for backing. you can get it at Joann's http://www.joann.com/search?q=foam+rubber If you Dad makes the shadow boxes so the foam fits in tight between the back and the glass then you can just press your points between the foam and the glass and they will stay put.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

We would all be smiling if we found this little beauty too. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_26681.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	246534
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Hunting the Chesapeake Bay beaches of Virginia's Middle Peninsula. The Powhatans favored quartzite triangles but I've never found one.
            Child of the tides

Comment

Sweet one, congrats
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Nice little quartz point
                South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Nice point, looks like it could be a Madison, but maybe that's just me.

Comment

• Pointhead
                    Pointhead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was thinking that after I posted it. I had thumbed through some typology on it and it does have more Madison like qualities to it. Which would make that my first Madison

Somehow I missed this one. Very nice
                  South Dakota

Comment

Thank you! I love this point. I found it while ok the phone with my best friend. Couldn't even celebrate the moment out loud lol. I just fist pumped a little

Comment

• CMD
                      CMD commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If the base is no wider then 3/4", then it would fit Ritchie's broader definition of Madison. Otherwise, you could probably say Levanna.
                  Working...
                  X