Our first farm finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our first farm finds

We just moved onto a new farm last year, and I am just finally turning over some new fields. We built a house in the woods on a slope and I found the little scraper thingy washing out of the dirt where we are trying to grow grass next to the house. Yesterday I was riding on the tractor and spotted the little Quartz point, I have only disked the field once but it exposed this point and a little rain shower made it obvious for me to see. I couldn't be more excited to find some artifacts on our own farm. Yee Haw!
    Last edited by Bloody Fourth; 04-20-2017, 07:43 AM.

Nice, found at Home?
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Bloody Fourth
      Bloody Fourth commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes sir. Found at home, I still can't believe it. There is a lot of old trash in parts of our fields and I have pulled out many pieces of plastic that I thought might be an artifact. I was riding on the tractor when I saw the point, assumed it was a piece of trash kept going, then curiosity got the bast of me I stopped the tractor got off and walked back ready for more plastic. But hey, it was the real thing this time!

Comment

Hey Mike, You lucky dog. Finding ancient artifacts on your own land has to be a real rush. CONGRATS
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Bloody Fourth
        Bloody Fourth commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Ron, but I am Will not Mike! No worries.

• Ron Kelley
        Ron Kelley commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Will, Thanks buddy that's not my first brain fart today. lol

Awesome finding them on your property. Hope to see many more.
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Yes indeed sir. Congrats. That is so cool.

Comment

That's cool to find Them at Home! Don't be afraid to tear up the property a little lol
          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

How nice to have your own homestead and then find NA artifacts to boot. Better than any crop you could plant! Congrats & hope to see many more as you work the land.
            Child of the tides

Comment

Now it doesn't get any better than that!
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Awesome. That deserves a big thumbs up. Click image for larger version

Name:	49b1d73f48834db0910d246fbd1a7ecb_thumbs-up-thumbs-up-emoji-clipart_463-480.jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	247817
                Bruce
                In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Does the site look like a campsite to you?
                  South Dakota

Comment

• Bloody Fourth
                    Bloody Fourth commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My first instinct is this is not a campsite. But I'm working on turning over about 20 more acres so maybe I will find a hot spot. The reason I say no is because of the lack of flakes or any lithic material. There is one spot next to my great grandparents grave that has showed some really nice quality rhyolite flakes and I'm hoping to find something there. There are reasons we could find a campsite though like a year round source of water, high well drained crowned fields next to the water. Old graveyards sit up high, sometimes a foot or more. This mostly has to do with plowing patterns and erosion over the past 200 years of tractor cultivation.

Awesome to have artifacts under your feet!

Comment

My question if I owned a farm with artifacts on it would be "How many times a year can I plow?"

Comment

Working...
                    X