2 1/2" Porcellanite Agate Basin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 1/2" Porcellanite Agate Basin

Here is another heck of a find from SE Montana. I found this one just below the small hill which held the gray porcellanite Goshen point from my other In-Situ post. How I ever saw this thing is beyond me. It has a small amount of recent damage, possibly from washing down the side of the hill and banging off all the rocks in the bottom. It would be a gray color like the Goshen but it has been heavily patinated to it's current brown color. Stem edges are heavily ground about halfway up the point.
    Carter County, MT

Wow congrats in that find
    SW Connecticut

Comment

What is porcelanite
      SW Connecticut

Comment

• Kyflintguy
        Kyflintguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Redrocks, I see your finding some cool post digging through past threads, fun to do right? If you look at the date though this post was made in 2010. Your unlikely to get any response from the original posters who haven't been active here in years... Some post like in "best of the best threads" are fun to bump back up and give a little life to but you shouldn't expect a response to many of these
        Older post by the original posters...

Red I will try and find a resource for you. It is a lithic material that resembles porcelain. It is found in many locations around the globe and was used in ancient tmes to make stone tools. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porcellanite
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thanx for the tip ky Flint guy
        And thx Matt .I'll be checking for your info

SW Connecticut

Comment

Ooooooh man! That is a killer right there, awesome find.

Comment

That's nice!
          South Carolina

Comment

Working...
          X