Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Secret Lives of Paleoindians Talk

This is an excellent lecture.
    Tom Loebel presented at the April 2015 ECIAS meeting in Urbana, Illinois.

Thanks HiLo
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Ah ha, I found the post again. I loved this video. I wouldn't normally sit and watch something this long but glad I did. I have found Illinois fluted points that I have not reported in survey. What suprised me was that kaolin chert wasn't discussed. I have got to know lots of older rock hunters and collectors. And handled dozens of kaolin Clovis points of which I am sure not a single one was documented in any survey. I would have figured that kaolin would have been traded as described in video. On a different note I was pleased to hear him admit that the vast amount of knowledge was held in the hands of rock hunters and collectors. I was amazed at how low the number of documented paleo points were. Just goes to show how much there is to learn. I know of nearly a quarter of the number mentioned in private collections. I think that the average ol Joe hunter-collector dose not trust anything that is affiliated with government or the term"archeologist". That is a shame because I agree the vast amount of knowledge is held by the average hunter and not shared.

Comment

Working...
      X