Video on Chrokee sites on the Nolichuky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video on Chrokee sites on the Nolichuky

This is a very interesting video looking at a time frame which was a gap in the history of the Cherokee people in upper east Tennessee. I think I need to plan a road trip to that areas. perhaps 80 miles from me.
    [YT]I-R7JBVlZ3U[/YT]
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Very interesting video. I enjoyed seeing and learning more about pottery that can be found here in east Tn. The possible Spanish matchlock sabot and link to the NC Spanish ft was very intriguing... Also like that cool unifacial knife they found at the end... Thanks for sharing this Matt, I like learning about our local prehistory.
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Thinking back to when they said it "could be decades" before we actually know if a Spanish raid occurred on that site out of NC ... I say turn Bruce loose over there and we would know definitively in a few days.... Lol
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        I would give my eye teeth and eternal rights to my first born to have that opportunity Josh.

Hi Matt. Just to let you know I watched the movie with my Sunday morning coffee. Thanks for providing the link. It was informative, especially about the pottery type as being perhaps proto Cherokee with possible links to historic Cherokee who lived further south. It was also interesting to learn about possible connections with the Spanish who were occupying a village farther east into what is now NC. It was interesting that they found that nice uniface tool. Typical riverbank situation where it is common to find multi-component sites ranging over 10,000 years. In addition to the positive remarks I have, I made some other observations about the movie that are not entirely complimentary. But since no what has asked for a thorough critique I'll just keep mum about these other observations.

Comment

Thanks for the link Matt. I don't have time to watch it in it's entirety right now but I have saved it and will definitely watch the whole thing later.
        An 80 mile drive for a field trip is just a hop skip and a jump Matt. Quit stalling and get in the car.
        Last edited by 2ndoldman; 04-09-2017, 12:07 PM.
        Bruce
        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

I was locked in place for the whole video. Awesome viewing. I was really amazed at the time periods they uncovered, especially the prehistoric blade they found near the river. That area is rich in history and I hope we can revisit this site and the archaeologists analysis of the findings to see what they have determined. The Spanish raid on the villages was equally interesting, especially when the Chief told the soldiers that he would eat the captain and his dog if he came again. Too bad he didn't get the chance to fulfill his promise. : )
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Thanks for posting very interesting. Funny I hunted a pigeon/ pisgah site today good timing!
            N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

I have finally had the time to watch this in it's entirety. What a great production. I was really impressed with the detail presented in this video.
              One thing that sticks in my mind is the almost total lack of rocky material .
              Bruce
              In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Super vid/doc Hoss. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                X