Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What could this be? It's worn on the edges. Found on the ground at ft Union, North Dakota. It would have been where the Indians pitched the tepees during rendezvous.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What could this be? It's worn on the edges. Found on the ground at ft Union, North Dakota. It would have been where the Indians pitched the tepees during rendezvous.

Hey Mom - Welcome to AH.com. Glad to see your sharing your finds. Is that heavy like iron or is it like rock. It appears to be rather small to have been a tool or some sort or base for grinding. Might just be a rock. However, I'm no expert and I'm not really familiar with North Dakota artifacts. I did find something similar in my area of Tennessee and it turned out to be a naturally shaped rock. Let's wait and see what the more experienced hunters have to say. ...Chuck
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	welcome4.gif Views:	3 Size:	5.6 KB ID:	238192
      To the forum.
      I have to say that I have never seen a title this long before.
      I would like to see a good picture of the base of that piece Mom.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

sorry i think its just a normal rock
        call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Whatever it is, it would make a great bookend.

Comment

Looks like just a rock to me.
            South Dakota

Comment

Ha ha, just learning to post! This may just be a rock but it seemed a little unusual so I kept it. I have a love affair with rocks and am always looking down. It's amazing I haven't fallen in a well or something, lol! Here is a pic of the bottom. I wasn't thinking it's anything significant, but I wonder sometimes how many subtle things are missed. It almost looked like it was used to grind something small. Of course, could be a rock! fun to imagine anyway. Thanks for humoring me. I love this site! I live along an old trade path and hope to find a point someday. So far just teepee rings,
              Last edited by Momkrupp; 01-19-2017, 12:15 AM.

Comment

It really is quite smooth.
                South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                X