Reproductions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reproductions

Picked these up at an auction. Luckily I did not pay much. I had a feeling they were fake but was not for sure. Anyway after looking closely at them I am confident they are fakes. What say you guys and how do you tell when you buy from auctions?

Lawman - I'm not an expert on reproductions but after looking closely at those they just apear to be in too good of shape to be authentic. Most of the tips are intact and there is very little wear apparent. However, there are members who knap points that will be better able to weigh in on your question. Authentic or not, I like the material they used. ...Chuck
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Definitely reproductions and not very good ones if they were trying to pass them off as authentic.

Comment

Yes sir Coach. I thought so.... Can you please point out other features why they are fake... My feelings were the notches and I can see pink residue on some of them but I know there has to be other features to look for..

Comment

Notches, flaking, lack of patina. They just have that fresh look.

Comment

Not real familiar with auctions but i say if you can't take a good look at something before bidding don't bother.
            http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

When you say auction, are you talking about eBay or an on-location auction where you actually saw and/or handled the pieces yourself? eBay is full of reproductions-- some are obvious; others not so easy. I dare say we have knappers on this forum who could fool 90% of the experts if they were so inclined. If it looks too good to be true, turn away.
              Child of the tides

Comment

Sorry for the late reply guys. Thanks for your input!! No this was not an ebay auction. It was a Western Memorabilia online auction. Theses were with about 30 small points that were legit i'm pretty sure. Anyway it was hard to tell from the pics provided. I do have one on the board I would like to post and get your guys opinion on tho.

Comment

What do you all say about this piece?

Comment

Working...
                  X