Can anyone help Id please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help Id please

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and collecting arrowheads and I got these at a antique shop for a dollar each. What I want to find out are they real. The little one seems very weird shape in its profile when I look at edge ways on compared to a real Robinson point arrowhead I have. Thanks for any help fellow collectors. Scott

Look legit Scott. Some arrowheads are just ugly. What area of the country are you in?
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• scottnokes
      scottnokes commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there gregz. Im in southern Illinois but I got them in cape girardeu at a antique mall, Missouri. So I assume they were found around there on a farm. Its about 89 miles south of St Louis

Hey Scott - Agree with Greg. Some I have I thought were broken but turns out they were whole. Sometimes the point was worked on one edge which caused them to look retarded but they're authentic. By the By - if you're from North Carolina - they have a Edgefield Scraper that is somewhat similar to what you have.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Edgefield Scraper.jpg Views:	1 Size:	201.7 KB ID:	241713 Maybe not as ugly as your's but close, Huh? And also found these

Click image for larger version

Name:	Albany Knife.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	241715Click image for larger version

Name:	FL Edgefield Scrapet.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	241716

The Albany Knife is from the South Central area and the full page Edgefield Scraper is from Florida.
    Last edited by Scorpion68; 02-21-2017, 08:37 PM. Reason: Added more info
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Thanks so much for the photos. Thai is a great help. Which books are they

Comment

That piece does look like an Edgefield Scraper, Texas has something similar and it is called an Albany knife
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

They look real to me. Nice pick up for a buck each!

Von

Comment

Welcome to the site.

Comment

Hemphill and Etley maybe.
            http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Thank you everyone for your time and kindness. Does anyone know why the little one is so small and what time period these would be roughly
              Thanks

Comment

Little one is exhausted/used up, they are mid/late archaic.
                http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

The broken stemmed point looks like a buck creek to me, which is a late archaic piece. That side notch looks like a super used up big Sandy variant.

Comment

So does everyone agree i got 2 real Arrowheads. For $ each. In they case, I love them again now I know there real. Is the general consensus they Are mid to Late archaic
                    Thanks everyone. You are all awesome
                    You have Made a new collector enthusiastic Again because I thought I got ripped of with repos or fakes
                    Last edited by scottnokes; 02-23-2017, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X