Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• axe?

Welcome to the site Cason,
    I moved your post into the What did I find area of the forum, you;ll get more looks and opinions on what you have there.
    What state is this from? Did you find it? Is it thin or thick? The answer to these questions will help too.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• cason1313
      cason1313 commented
      Editing a comment
      yes i found it half buried,at about 3' deep where a wash had left it poking out ,its very thin,oh sorry i found it in north louisiana

That's nice! I think it's a Scraper but not sure.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

A picture of both sides is always helpful and a profile shot of it too.
      The profile shot will determine if it is a scraper. As well it helps to determine if you found a finished blade or a preform.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

What county and state was this found? Looks more like a big preform or trade blank . As is it would sure get a job done as a hand held knife . The picture is not the best. I cannot see the edges to well hard to know if there is secondary flaking.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Well we can wait but then we can all post opinions as well, so while we wait for casons response.... .
          This ovate blade is in it's final pre-stage.
          It would grace a frame easily as is though.
          The flaking and edgework is beyond preform and with just the one nick in the side, that flaw could be overlooked.
          Beautiful specimen. On a 1 - 10 I would give it a 6.

Jess B.
          It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
          It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

​Jessy B.
          Circa:1982

Comment

It is a real nice find indeed...would make a great centerpiece to any collection...I always thought the NA's smoked Pall Malls though
            The chase is better than the catch...
            I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

It is a sweet looking piece I wish we had a general find location and a better picture of both sides.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I often wonder if the first timers that make post like these even read them. It appears they have enough interest to ask questions and post a picture of an artifact or sometimes what they think is an artifact then no response at all.

Comment

• Hoss
                  Hoss commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It sure is peculiar. We can only wonder where they went to? Vacation in the french riviera? Trekking to the north pole and just out of distance for WIFI? Heaven forbid it is something bad keeping them from returning to view the answers? It could just simply be that they want to be an axe so bad that they do not want to look at the answers which state otherwise.

• Gentleone444
                  Gentleone444 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I can tell you as a first timer I've been obsessively checking for comments on my posts...that's just me though

🤔
                South Dakota

Comment

cason1313 commented
                  Today, 08:16 PM
                  yes i found it half buried,at about 3' deep where a wash had left it poking out ,its very thin,oh sorry i found it in north louisiana

Comment

Cool find!!! Keep digging!

Von

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X