Stone formation deep in the woods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -=METACOM=- View Post
    Can't wait to read it. I'll be keeping an eye on the thread.
    Actually, I spoke too soon. I can't help with the actual feature that was found, and although I was going to use Hoss's comments to segue into a primer on Northeast stonework and the debate in progress regarding many of the stone built features in the Northeast, it's a bit much to bite off, chew, and post here. Not sure I'm up to all but writing a book, to post what amounts to a primer on the subject. So, I'll pass for now.
    Rhode Island

Comment

My only rebuttal is there are absolutely no stonewalls within any general proximity to this location. And as it pertains to the forrest being new, my family has been cutting wood on this property since the late 1700's when we had a farmstead elsewhere this property served as the family wood lot. It was never plowed, or farmland to my knowledge. It was merely used for firewood up until WWII. Which would explain the forrest being relatively new. It is a weird little formation and could have just been made by someone who wanted to sit on top of some rocks. But it wouldn't have been a blind, i've tried to get underneath it, it's about the size of a dog house!
      Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Comment

Well then maybe it was for a dog hunting rabbits?
        http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

• Pointhead
          Pointhead commented
          Editing a comment
          i did know of people who used to hunt rabbits there lol! it's a mystery to me. probably someone being creative with stones

Looks like pretty country!
        South Dakota

Comment

• Pointhead
          Pointhead commented
          Editing a comment
          It's my happy place! Well besides point hunting lol
      Working...
      X