No announcement yet.

Windows 10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger: Thanks for telling us about "the rest of the story". I was wondering what you would do regarding installing 10 on your computers. I still dislike W10 as much as before and it only gives me more reason to dislike Bill Gates than I did already, LOL. One of the other problems that I encountered with 10 is that it does not "recognize" my old HP printer. So if I use the photo app that 10 gives us then I can not print my photos off of it. To print my photos I have to go to the photo app that the camera manufacturer (Canon, Olympus, etc) gave me that is installed on my hard drive. Or I could buy a new printer. But the old one I've been using for 10 to 15 years still works very well, thank you. I guess what really gets me is that the technology industry has refined the idea of "planned obsolescence" started by the American auto industry many years ago to the point of absolute nuttiness. It is not only Microsoft which is the worst but all the other program developers including software for finances, photography, etc., etc. etc. But I guess that is the only way the industry can keep selling stuff. But it is stuff that I don't need but am forced to buy. Imagine in the old days if horseshoe manufactures came out with a "new model" every year or so.

Comment

Thank you Roger I am now running windows 10 my my desktop as well. It loaded overnight while I slept.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Amid complaints from Windows 10 users that battery life performance has dropped, Microsoft are blaming Google Chrome. In fact they have gone further and some Chrome users are reporting that a pop-up now appears from time to time when they are running without being plugged into the mains:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Chrome.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	218722

​In fact, Chrome does consume more power in Windows 10 and I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft have done as much as they can to worsen the situation. The advanced power management features in Windows 10 only achieve their full benefit when you run Edge as the default browser, although Firefox is almost on par with Edge. You don't get the benefits if you're running Chrome.

I have found some things on the forum that I can no longer do with Edge. In editing mode, I can no longer drag images to a new position using the right-hand mouse button. And I can't use the right mouse button to select an image for deletion unless I also hold down the [Shift] key and keep it held down while I click the [Delete] button. Sometimes an uploaded picture has refused to display or the post has frozen and doesn't respond to the "Post Reply" button (randomly). I'm staying with Explorer for now.
        I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

I have not tried edge yet
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Another thing that doesn't work with Windows 10 using the new Microsoft Edge browser.

This poster had uploaded pictures without inserting them into the post (ie they just appeared as links):

This is one I found back in the winter. I've never seen one twisted like this. I hope you can see from the pics how it's twisted. Anyone else seen one like This?

Using Admin rights, I tried to insert the pictures. No error message, but the pictures refused to insert and display. I then switched to Internet Explorer and tried again. No problem. The pictures inserted and displayed.

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

I have been struggling lately with WIndows 10 it has been lagging so badly??? Today I had another update from Microsoft. After it loaded I decided to look at what happened. While looking into my settings I notice a long list of things that have been running in the back ground. I turned everything off that I do not use daily and my PC is back to its old self. I just wanted you all to know this because 10 is cool but it does run some unnecessary things in the back ground which you can turn off. It will help speed up your on line experiences.

This video shows how to access the background apps and shut them off. [YT]8xCYZuQQlNM[/YT]
              Last edited by Hoss; 09-23-2016, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Thanks Matt, I turned off a few useless apps. Is that Roger talking
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Working...
                X