Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing Threads from "Lithic Materials" Section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Threads from "Lithic Materials" Section?

I believe these two threads were in the "Lithic Materials" section of the Info Center, but never made it through the migration?

http://forum.arrowheads.com/index.ph...y-blanks#66691

http://forum.arrowheads.com/index.ph...ast-r-i-and-pa
    Rhode Island

Thanks Charlie. I must have missed those two. It was sometimes difficult to check whether threads were missing from some sections because 1) they don't appear in the same order on old and new forums 2) some threads were cross-connected via hotlinks in "Best of the Best" and the migration destroyed both the hotlink and the original thread and 3) Greg has been doing substantial editing in the "Lithic Materials" section post-migration to both tidy it up and expand it... so the number and titles of posts aren't necessarily the same for old versus new forum.

I will re-create both of those threads in the not too distant future and place them in the waiting room for the lithics section so that Greg can organise the content in a different way if he needs to.

​PS: There's one other really annoying feature on the old forum that didn't help. When someone created a thread with a particular title, it was possible for someone replying to choose a different title for their reply. So if you created a thread titled "Charlie's Steatite", someone could respond with a post titled "Here's Some of Mine" by replacing your title with their own. Although the master title of the thread itself didn't change, when you browsed the posts on the forum pages, the title you saw was the one used by the last responder. It was really irritating. Thankfully that no longer happens with the new software. Once a title is chosen it stays that way for everyone's replies.
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Working...
    X