Hello from Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Utah

A Big Shout Out to "All-Ya'll" from Utah. I'm new to the poking around hunting, but not to artifacts and techniques. I've been Flint-knapping for the last 18 years and make Native American (First Nation) weapon replica's. You might find me out there under "Painted Sky Weapons". I have a limited collection of artifacts that I've found and purchased, but its a slow process for me.

My son is an avid collector of cactus and we've shared time together going out and just poking around for the pokey plants. In some of our adventures we've run across sites where the chard's are very evident as a location of resharpening and/or the manufacturing of blades (locations where we've found Chert, Flint, Jasper & obsidian). We've been able to find multiple pieces that are really nice (pictures to come). We've also found blade cores and remaining chard's from various sites where the origins of the stone are hundreds of miles away (e.g.: Black Banded Obsidian from Wild Horse Canyon - near Milford, that were used to make blades on the shore-line of Strawberry Reservoir, over 150 Miles away - as the crow flies).

I also love studying Ethnology and Archaeology.

Look forward to the exchange with good folks like you.
    Norm - Painted Sky Weapons

Welcome aboard from the other side of the country!

Comment

It is chilly up here in Victoria right now but I extend a warm welcome to you from the great white north.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Welcome to The Forum Norm!
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

How do u post a picture to see if I can find out what the arrowhead is?

Comment

Welcome, Norm, from snowy SE Virginia!
          Child of the tides

Comment

Welcome to the site! Look forward to seeing what you have found in your part of the country. Thanks for joining us.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome to arrowheads.com forum runningbear you a streaker? LOL Just teasing interesting nick name you got there.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome from Rhode Island. I've been to the 5 national parks in Utah, and loved 'em all. Would love to bring my wife out there someday and show here the sights. Looking forward to seeing your photos...
                Rhode Island

Comment

Welcome. Excited to see your creations and your finds.
                  South Dakota

Comment

Howdy from Illinois.

Comment

Welcome from east Tn!
                      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Working...
                      X