Hello from the North/East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the North/East

Firstly I'd just like to say what a great site you guys and gals have here. An active membership,helpful and knowledgeable veteran members helping out and what seems like a very cordial atmosphere is definitely a winning combination . I've been in the artifact hunting game since age 11 yo when my dad would let me tag along and help him dig colonial era dump sites in search of old glass. From that point on I was hooked and my interest in antiquity has stuck with me for the past 50 yrs. I live in a part of New England where King Phillips War (1675) took place and also having a strong interest in Colonial America I got heavily involved in metal detecting cornfields and deep woods. Over the past 10 years I've spent literally hundreds of hours in these locations and found many interesting artifacts. During this time I started to find Native American artifacts as well. What I came to realize that these locations where I was searching for items 100-200 yrs old actually held items and evidence of human habitation thousands of years old. Right now I'm off from work due to a knee replacement and am glad I was able to find you good folks. Over the coming days I hope to be able to post some things on the site as well as getting better acquainted with the site and its members. So once again a hearty hello from New England

welcome aboard!
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Hope you have a short and successful recovery and welcome aboard. Look forward to seeing your finds.

Comment

Welcome from RI. I've always been a student of southern New England's colonial history, and have enjoyed visiting sites associated with King Philip's War. Glad you found us.
        Rhode Island

Comment

Thanks much for the warm welcome and get well wishes. My fondest desire is to get back out in the woods and fields with my brand spankin new titanium knee. Lol. And yes I agree CMD King Phillips War is a fascinating study of our history. Where I grew up was but a few miles from one of the towns that was completely destroyed and abandoned. I've researched the subject and area thoroughly and want to eventually write a book on the subject. What those planters went through was nothing short of miraculous

Comment

Welcome from Cumberland Plateau of Tennessee. That part of New England is just packed with early and ancient history. My wife's from RI and I met her when I went to Johnston RI while I was stationed at New London, Conn. Lots and lots of rocks and I don't mean little pebbles either. I always wondered what it would be like to hunt artifacts in that area. Please continue to post - we'd all like to see what you find. ...Chuck
            Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Welcome from Tennessee.

Comment

Welcome! Look forward to seeing what you have found of the past.
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome from the tidewater of Virginia with its own rich colonial history. Looking forward to seeing your discoveries.
                  Child of the tides

Comment

Thanks Chuck and you're sure right that the one thing New England has is plenty of is rocks. I'll definitely be posting my finds as soon as I get things figured out,getting the lay of the land so to speak. Oh and Thanks for your service Chuck. From location in Ct your a navy man. Old Army guy myself.

Comment

• Scorpion68
                      Scorpion68 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for your service Liv'n the past. Excellent FB game this year. Ya kicked our butts and broke the dry spell.

I'm from Cape Cod...not too far from you..welcome to the forum...

Comment

Welcome from east Tn!
                      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Thanks you guys and yes TSUMS not far at all. I'm nestled in part of Mass where I can spit one direction and hit Ct and toss a rock the other way and have it land in RI. Well almost hit RI anyway. Lol. I've done a lot of work down on the Cape and it's a gorgeous area rich in history.

Comment

Welcome to The Site!
                          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Welcome to the forum. It is always nice to see a new member so willing to participate in a give and take discussion.
                            We are all looking forward to seeing your finds (of which I bet many are spectacular).
                            I for one am also hoping that you share your metal detecting finds as well.
                            Bruce
                            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Working...
                            X