Hello from New England!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from New England!

Hello from New England!! Figured I'd introduce myself! I found the page by happenstance, but am certainly glad I did.

Question: :does anyone know what this tool may have been used for? It appears to be pecked, and was too interesting looking for me to leave behind as I hunted today!
    Last edited by Pointhead; 05-02-2017, 12:25 PM.
    Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Welcome Aboard from Tennessee Pointhead. Glad you joined our family here at AH.com. I can't answer your question but I bet there's someone on here who can.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

The first pic looks like a morrow mountain and the second pic is hard to say. But I will leave it up to the experts for ID
      Welcome to AH.com
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Welcome from SE Virginia! Plenty of folks from your region who can help you out. Good hunting!
        Child of the tides

Comment

Welcome to the board! Very nice point, what part of NE are you in? I hunt the MA south coast. I'm always excited to see finds from my area on here, can't wait to see what you show us!

Comment

• Pointhead
            Pointhead commented
            Editing a comment
            I've spent some time looking in mass, Rhode Island and Connecticut! I lived in Narragansett for a while, that's where it all started for me!

Welcome to the forum PH.
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Welcome from the flatlands of Illinois. New England is really far from my Midwestern realm so I dont try to ID things. The tool is interesting and they both look like the same material. Can you put something in the pic for scale ie a dollar bill coins etc...nice finds man...
            The chase is better than the catch...
            I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Welcome!
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Welcome to Arrowheads.com
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Welcome from east Tn!
                  Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

We'll get to the bottom of this on the tool! First, look at it real close, is there any flaking to create this form, or can you see that is was pecked to this shape. Also, post a couple photos from different angles, and include something for scale, or just post the size. And as close as you can get without the photo being blurry. Love a good artifact mystery!! As it's pictured, I'm considering a bell pestle preform.
                    http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

Welcome from Rhode Island.
                      Rhode Island

Comment

Welcome from southwestern Ontario.

Comment

Welcome to The site and thanks for sharing your things Pointhead!
                          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Welcome. Nice point on the first one, but the second one may just be natural, unless some better pics show otherwise.
                            South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                            X